- You're welcome! I think Juri/Shiori could use its own page, and if you have more links and tidbits for the Rocketshipping, Kunzite/Zoisite and Tomoyo/Sakura pages I'd appreciate it. I can make the Juri/Shiori page if you want, at least lay the groundwork for it. User:Sj2014 (talk) 21:40, 16 February 2017 (UTC)
- \o/ I can definitely help with some of those! I've put a basic page up at Arisugawa Juri/Takatsuki Shiori and will look for Tomoyo/Sakura links tomorrow. I don't Pokemon, so Rocketshipping is not in my wheelhouse. Maybe we should try to get together a group of j-media fans to work on ship pages together, to cover a wider base? -the old briar pipe (talk) 08:52, 17 February 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks! I added a few things, as you can see. And yeah, some of the anime-related pages need more love...plus, it might be a good idea to include pages for the ancient anime that a lot of older fans grew up on. (the original Voltron, the Robot Romance Trilogy, VOTOMS...) User:Sj2014 (talk) 12:20, 17 February 2017 (UTC)
- Awesome! I added a few cosplay and fanart links for Sakura/Tomoyo. I've also pinged the Fanlore team in chat to see if there might be some interest in a larger celebratory thing, and how we might go about that. I'll let you know if I find anything out! -the old briar pipe (talk) 07:30, 18 February 2017 (UTC)
thanks for the thanks, and thanks right back at you
- Heh, any time! I'm always glad to help out! :) Sj2014 (talk)
Hey, I wasn't trying to start an edit war.
I just saw your edits on Karel_(Fire_Emblem), and I don't get why you removed the controversies section but it's still well known among the fandom and it had to be mentioned. I'll try to use public opinion and not personal headcanon when writing articles, but those who see Karel as a "hero" (or anti-hero) are not wrong since, despite his questionable morality, Karel still joins the heroes even though he only does it for opportunistic reasons (such as seeing everyone, including his own allies, as a potential opponent at first). He gets better by going through good character development and becoming the saint he is in FE6. Those who think he's a villain are the ones who are wrong, since Karel never had a villainous or antagonistic role in any of the games he's in. He didn't start out as an enemy. "Anti-hero" or "grey morality" fits Karel much better, and that's what he was in FE7 before becoming an actual good character in FE6. In terms of alignments, he is most likely to be Chaotic Neutral in FE7 and Neutral Good in FE6. It is true that there have been many amoral, self-serving and even immoral characters do join the protagonists in the FE series, Karel is not the worst of them, and there have been characters who are much more evil and less good, and had a more villainous or antagonistic role than he ever did.
I wasn't going to ask who you were, and I didn't intend to start an edit war. However, I will explain why I removed the controversies:
- 1) Karel is not, nor has he ever been one of the most controversial characters in Fire Emblem fandom. Controversial characters are the ones like Tharja, Camilla, Peri, Edelgard, and Lady Rhea, who have actually caused bitter fan wars and accusations among both fans and detractors. Karel has never caused anything like that. There has been a single, solo fan who has ranted at length believing this to be the case, but it has not blown up to the same levels as the aforementioned characters.
- 2) Everything about the writing smacks of bias. Please review the policies page for more information on why: https://fanlore.org/wiki/Fanlore:Ethical_Standards_for_Community_%26_Content
- This wiki is meant to be impartial and accurate. Differing viewpoints and opinions are allowed to be discussed, but again, your writing is filled with bias and bitterness over things that have rarely if ever happened.
- 3) You can easily get your own blog. Please get one if you want to discuss your personal feelings about the character.
- I'm not going to remove your edits, though, so there's no need to worry about that. -Sj2014 (talk)