The Fox and the Wolf (Pros universe created by Jane Carnall)
|The Professionals Fanfiction|
|Title:||Fox and Wolf|
|Author(s):||Jane Carnall and Nicole C|
|External Links:||List of Jane Carnall's stories|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
The Fox and the Wolf universe is a series of slash Professionals stories written around a shared universe created by Jane Carnall and Nicole C. The universe featured a rare pairing in the Professionals universe: Bodie and his employer George Cowley. It deals with homophobia and DADT as Cowley is outed, and fired from CI5. The stories were released on the circuit library, and at one point Jane published a free circuit fanzine A Simple Game that compiled sequels to the main story: "Lest These Dark Days."
Stories in the series
FOX AND WOLF [Bodie/Cowley]
2. This Classical Dilemma - zine novel in the paper circuit
3. As Games Are Played - zine novel in the paper circuit
Sequels to Lest These Dark Days
- Duty Roster by Atropos
- Turn Safe to Rest by Jane Carnall
- A Friend of Loftier Mind by Jane Carnall & Atropos
- The Last Lap by Jane Carnall & Atropos
- The Last Straw by Jane Carnall & Atropos
Sequels to This Classical Dilemma
- Chapter O by Jane Carnall, Ann J and Nicole C
- The Tarot Bits by Jane Carnall, Ann J and Nicole C
- Neither Merciful Nor Just by Shoshanna
Sequels to As Games are Played
- Tales from the Airing Cupboard by Atropos
- The Dinner Party by Jane Carnall
- Poetic Justice by Atropos
- A Stranger and Afraid by Jane Carnall & Atropos
Reactions and Reviews
See reactions and reviews for Lest These Dark Days.
See reactions and reviews for Neither Merciful Nor Just.
This is a *fantastic* story! Drama, action, romantic, angst.. all the good qualities of fiction. Ok, so the meal scenes could use some sprucing up (food can be erotic unless it's peas.) The authors say it was written because no one would believe it- but I love it! Bodie and Cowley make a wonderful couple.. and everything they do is quite believable. The way they fight, they way they interact, the way the fuck each other through the mattress.. And it was neat seeing Doyle's reaction to all this (as a woefully straight man). [snipped]I thought some of the best bits were how the episodes were worked in. The story took place over the course of the show's run, almost, and exact scenes were written in, with the 'missing bits' added. It will be fun to rewatch those episodes and say, 'yeah, ok, right I can see it now!'