The Dawn of Discovery Series
|Title:||The Dawn of Discovery and sequels|
|Length:||Over 350,000 words|
|Fandom:||Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, Batman|
|External Links:||Works by the author on the Lois & Clark Fanfic Archive|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
The Dawn of Discovery and its sequels are seven Lois and Clark stories by Cindy Leuch, futurefic focusing mainly on the activities of the children of Clark Kent and Lois Lane who become superheroes in their own right, although neither son has all of his father's powers. Two of the stories are Batman crossovers. Story descriptions below are from the Lois & Clark Fanfic Archive:
- The Dawn of Discovery (2000) As Lois and Clark's fifteen-year-old son Jon works his way through a shocking discovery about himself and his parents, he learns what it really means for a father to be a hero to his son.
- How I Spent My Summer Vacation (2000) Clark's youngest son CJ interns as "Robin" for his dad's friend, Batman, in Gotham City. While there, he learns the ups and downs of being a superhero, dealing with another identity, and trying to hide his secret identity from the new love of his life. How would he have ever guessed that being a superhero could be so complicated?
- Professional Loyalties (2000) When she finally meets her son CJ's girlfriend, Lois takes an instant liking to Jenny, most likely because she has Lois's nose for journalism -- and trouble. The two women soon find themselves in over their heads in a local university scandal, and with his dad and brother tending to superhero duties out of the country, it's up to CJ to save his mom and girlfriend.
- Personal Loyalties (2001) Metropolis' superheroes are faced with a deadly threat against their family and betrayal as loyalties are tested to the limit.
- It Runs in the Family (2002) When you're 15 years old, sometimes it seems like the whole world is against you. Laura Kent, mild-mannered high school student-to-be, knows that all too well, especially after learning about her family heritage. But she is about to discover that some of the toughest challenges can lead to the biggest successes.
- I'll Be You For Christmas (2004) The whole Kent family gets into the act in this Christmas tale that continues the "Dawn of Discovery" series.
- Meet Sam Wayne (2006) CJ Kent, fresh out of college and recently home from his honeymoon, is ready to enter the real world with a couple new jobs waiting for him in Gotham City. He quickly finds out that his new life will be different, and much more difficult, than he had bargained for.
The series was well-received within this fandom, and most of the stories were nominated for Kerth Awards in their respective years.