The Angel and the Dreamer
|Title:||The Angel and the Dreamer|
|Publisher:||Vision Quest Press|
|External Links:||contents for some of issue #1, Janet Coleman-Sides|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The Angel and the Dreamer is a slash Quantum Leap anthology with 8 issues.
The Angel and the Dreamer 1 contains 132 pages. It was published in February 1997.
- Fumbling Towards Ecstacy by Agnes Joseph ("I stared at her. Certainly she hadn't just said that Al was beautiful? I mean, he is, but that's not the point.") (5)
- Lady In Red by Lisa Martin (22)
- White Tie And Tails by Doreen Tracy (39)
- The Road Goes On Forever by Sue Walker ("I cut the engine. Or it died. Everything seemed to stop. That couldn't happen to Sam. Godammit, not to Sam. "No.") (43)
- A Door Ajar by Janet Coleman-Sides ("Choose clothes that complement those gorgeous shorts," she pleaded. "Admiral, you look *scrumptious* in blue.") (54)
- The Slippery Slope by Noel Goddard (Sam and Al go hiking after Sam returns home.) (62)
- Goodbye Hello by Debbie (69)
- Perfect Timing by Minna Harper (73)
- A Wedding Of Friends by Astrid Bootes ("Right," Sam called after him. "And you're not looking for your shadow either." "What?") (90)
- Christmas Presents by Coral Jay (97)
- Giving Thanks by Carol Zara (117)
- Time For Us by Leah S. (124)
- Janet Coleman-Sides (Front Cover)
The Angel and the Dreamer 2 Nola Frame-Gray is the cover artist. It contains 205 pages.
- Sanity's Side by Lori Smith (5)
- Wicked Lady by Ann Lewing (12)
- Forever the Road Shall Take Thee by Sue Walker/Doreen Tracy (The sequel to "The Road Goes On Forever", published in The Angel And The Dreamer #1) (21)
- Why, Momma, Why? by Debbie (96)
- Forgiveness by Leah S. (103)
- Love and Laughter by Lisa Martin (108)
- Opposite Sex by Astrid Bootes (120)
- Overture and Beginning by Minna Harper (182)
The Angel and the Dreamer 3 Nola Frame-Gray is the cover artist. It contains 98 pages and was published in March 1998.
- Those Were the Days, My Friend by Sirja Stewart (4)
- We Thought They'd Never End by Sirja Stewart (10)
- Moonlight and Lovesongs by Doreen Tracy (12)
- The More Things Change by Lisa Martin (19)
- Loose Connections by Lori Smith (51)
- Rumors by Carol Zara (58)
- Lightning Force by Sue Walker/Coral Jay (64)
- Reunited in Time by Noel Goddard (Sam and Al deal with the repercussions of the episode Mirror Image.) (125)
- Adam's Rib by Agnes Joseph (137)
- Thanksgiving by Debbie (185)
Reactions and Reviews: Issue 3
See reactions and reviews for Adam's Rib.
The Angel and the Dreamer 4 Lisa Field is the cover artist. It contains 111 pages.
- Nowhere to Run by Khylara (4)
- No Man a Hero by Lisa Feld (11)
- Waiting by James Walkswithwind (34)
- Dreaming by Lori Smith (37)
- All the Time by Rose Mitchell (42)
- Winners and Losers by Doreen Tracy (46)
- Between Funs by Minna Harper (50)
- The Measure of Love by Lori Smith (59)
- Shade in Hell by Lisa Feld (68)
- In the Light of the Stars by Lisa Martin (82)
The Angel and the Dreamer 5 contains 170 pages. It was published in September 1999.
- A Portrait by Lisa Martin (4)
- Fashioned in Dreams by Minna Harper (6)
- For Love Alone by Doreen Tracy (20)
- Every Man Has a Prize by Lisa Feld (78)
- Glitches in Time by Noel Goddard (Sam leaps into some very familiar surroundings, with two Als.) (81)
- All the Way Home by Lori Smith (88)
- Fragments of Memory by Aimee (109)
- Astrid Bootes (front cover)
- Lisa Feld
The Angel and the Dreamer 6
- Aimee is the cover artist. It contains 94 pages. It was published in 2001.
- R&R by Minna Harper (4)
- Science Sucks by Rose Mitchell (18)
- QL Limericks by Kylara Ingress (21)
- Moonlight Sonata by Doreen Tracy & Caitlin Stewart (23)
- Interlude on a Train by Khylara (53)
- Set 'em Up, Bartender by Kylara Ingress (55)
- Keeping the Dream Alive by Kylara Ingress (61)
- The Worst That Could Happen by Doreen Tracy (66)
- QL Limericks by J.D. Rush & Robin Margolin (78)
- Let's Give Them Something to Talk About by M.J. (79)
- Hit Me with Your Best Shot by Kylara Ingress & J.D. Rush (95)
- Time and Love by Kylara Ingress (168)
- A Moment by Kylara Ingress (169)
- A Trip to Alphabet City by J.D. Rush (170)
Reactions and Reviews: Issue 6
MJ of X-files fame (and, I understand, Sentinel and other fandoms fame as well, but I can't speak to those. However, if you're an X-files fan, and think Mulder's the cat's meow [for a sick little puppy...], or that Skinner's big, bad and beautiful, or that Alex K. is the sexist twisted motherfucker you've even seen -- yes, yes, I've fallen to the dark side. No wait, that's another fandom...Anyway, if you said yes to any of the above, scurry on over to Down in the Basement (http://www.squidge.org/basement/) and read MJ's The Inexorable Sadness of Pencils, or her collab with JiM, I Still Have Plans to Go to Mexico. If you have extra $$, send Mysti a few for The Cat Came Back, MJ's collab with Kassandra. I lost a weekend to it - you should too...)
But where was I? Sam and Al. The story's called Let's Give 'Em Something to Talk About, and without giving too much away, it's about Al playing fast and loose with the truth and suddenly finding his ass hitched to a runaway train of events that carry him straight to Queersville (no pun intended...) This is the problem only Sam could stumble into, and only Al could mess up this badly. It's yummy, it's funny - go read it already!
Stuff I really liked:
- Al's "voice" - it's dead on. By turns exasperated and sexy and wry, I couldn't hear a false note from beginning to end.
- Al's attitude. Or should that be Attitude. This is the Admiral, folks. A little bit cocky, a little bit smooth. Tough and tender, the Hero and the Rascal. If you can't see the swagger, you're not paying close enough attention.
- The storyline. It takes a fandom convention and makes it fresh. This train wreck of events just start piling up on each other, one colliding into the next as Al's frustration level increases exponentially (or is that geometrically, MJ? I always get the two confused.) Anyway, I laughed out loud, several times - I'm betting you will, too.
Stuff that might bug you:
Terrific story, MJ. May I have some more please? 
- The denouement feels a little rushed, a little flat, a touch too predictable. The story stumbles a bit here, loses a bit of the sparkle, but the train still gets to the station.
- If you're a Samcentric babe, this story may not trip your triggers the way it did mine. It's an Al-fest all the way. Sam's definitely in a supporting actor role.
- It's rated R (and I'd actually give it a PG). I was really ready for the NC-17 thing here. However, the story is immensely satisfying as is, and by no means incomplete.
The Angel and the Dreamer 7 It contains 56 pages. It was published in April 2002.
- Escape by Rose Mitchell (3)
- No Donna by Kylara Ingress ( 9)
- Reflections by Noel Goddard (A Quantum Leap/Sentinel crossover. Sam leaps into Cascade with unexpected results.) (2003 SCREWZ nominee for Best Story in Quantum Leap, 2003 SIZZLER co-winner for Best Story in Quantum Leap) (10)
- Sam's Memories by Khylara Ingress (27)
- Tempus Fugit by Minna Harper (28)
- The Seduction by Linda Phillips & Carolyn Mullins (47)
- These are a Few of the Slashiest Things by Kylara Ingress (68)
- Three Strikes and You're Home by Shamrock (69)
- A Christmas Special by Lisa Martin (83)
The Angel and the Dreamer 8 was published in April 2003.
- Once Belonged by melodyunity (Al think about what it means to belong.)
- Starlight, Starbright by Noel Goddard
- Other unknown content