Because of the sheer number and variance of Dan and Phil pages, we should clearly delineate between Dan and Phil, Phandom (YouTube RPF), and Phan (pairing). We've crafted a general guideline for editing and knowing what goes on these related pages. These guidelines are not set in stone and are to help, not hinder. As things are added, we may need to adjust them to better reflect the living nature of the wiki itself. If you have any questions or additions, please feel free to bring them up on the YouTube Project talk page. Current page guidelines:
- If you add a new Phan-related page, please add it to Category:Dan and Phil.
Things that should go on Dan and Phil:
- Information on specifically "Dan and Phil", the branded content:
Things that should go on Phandom (YouTube RPF):
- Canon history of Dan & Phil from their meeting and early collaboration, with the phandom that formed around their friendship and content
- gen Phil & Dan fandom history; people who consider themselves "phans" or "phannies" but not (or not entirely) shippers
Things that should go on the Phan (pairing) page:
- History of Phan shipping & tinhatting
- Information regarding Phan-shippers
- links to Phan groups/discussions/directories/etc.
- Phan (Dan/Phil) fic
"The Tentacle Fic"?
Does anybody have any information about this example? It's the only one without an author or a link, and it appears to have been deleted, so I can't find anything out about it. If we don't have any information on it, it's probably better to delete it as an example, since there's nothing to link to and no real evidence of what it was about. Flyingthesky (talk) 04:48, 9 March 2019 (UTC)
Recent Cite Deletions
Is there a reason these cites/links were removed?
- Ex: https://fanlore.org/w/index.php?title=Phan_%28pairing%29&type=revision&diff=1461940&oldid=1461937
- I can't confirm, as I haven't actually watched Dan's coming out video, but my best guess is that, with Dan's coming out, this user is either implying our outright stating that Dan & Phil are legitimately involved and so they're "updating" the language to match and scrub out wording that suggests otherwise? I was under the impression that the video just states Dan is queer, but I might have to do a deeper dive. --Punkpixieprince (talk) 02:57, 20 June 2019 (UTC)
- Alright I read through the rest of their edits and asked around, and Dan does not mention he and Phil are or have ever dated in the coming out video, so we might want to revert at least some of these edits. Yes, Dan is confirmed queer now, but there's definitely some  regarding whether or not Dan and Phil have dated (or are dating). If nothing else, we shouldn't erase the long, adversarial relationship that shippers and non-shippers had (and have) with each other. --Punkpixieprince (talk) 03:22, 20 June 2019 (UTC)