|Trope · Genre|
|Tropes · Slash Tropes · Tropes by Fandom|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The Shanshu Prophecy appears in the TV series Angel. The prophecy describes a vampire with a soul who will play a pivotal role in an upcoming apocalypse, and be rewarded with a mortal life.
The Shanshu Prophecy often appears in BtVS and Angel AU fics. Many of these works are post-Shanshu fics, set after one of the two vampires have been rewarded with a mortal life.
- The former vampire adapting to the realities of mortal life, including physical weakness and slower healing. Their human frailty sometimes leaves them open to attack from former enemies.
- Some Shanshu fics are fluffier, happy endings for a vampire/human pairing that had seemed doomed. Most commonly these pairings were either Buffy/Angel or Buffy/Spike.
- Many Shanshu works are set post-NFA, but this trope was employed in fics written before the series finale.
- Vivere by Rheanna, What does it mean, to be alive? (2001)
- Reversed Roles (Archived Link) by Shara Nesu, Angel has become human so Spike saves him from that. (2003)