|Editor(s):||Julie "Stew" Bozz|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Samurai Errant 1 was published in 1988 and contains 165 pages.
- Buckaroo's First Recruit by Stew. Rawhide is alone and bored, bar-tending in Chicago when in walks Buckaroo...
- And Emerged a Better Man by Bepo. Perfect Tommy is thrown out of Cambridge, so what else is there to do but join the Foreign Legion?
- Hopes and Dreams by Stew. Alone with Buckaroo on a mission to Cuba, Rawhide reflects on his feelings for his best friend.
- Going Errant by Stew. Buckaroo and the Cavaliers drop into the 13th century and have tea with King Pellinore and Oolong.
- Auda by Stew. Buckaroo and Reno are on a mission in Arabia.
- Find the Jetcar' Said the President A Buckaroo Banzai Thriller by Tim Howe. A Banzai adventure in comic book form.
- Irregular Happenings Down Under by the Oz BBIs. Join Arcane Annie, Buckskin Brenda, Downtown, Faux Pas, Question Mark, Stew, Squash and Tolkien as they rid Australia of the last insidious nest of Red Lectroids on behalf of Buckaroo.
- Oh Give Me A Home, Where the Cantaloupes Roam by Anne Murphy. The funniest solution ever to the watermellon mystery.
- The Vampyre Morgan by Stew. Morgan concentrates his seductive charms on Buckaroo and the wary Rawhide. Meanwhile, unconcerned, Perfect Tommy makes his best move on Billy's fiance Felicia. (reprinted in Dyad: The Vampire Stories #2)
- Living Many Secret Lives Among You by Stew. Buckaroo finds something disturbingly familiar about the dark figure leading him through the sordid streets of New York.
- The Andersson Report (leaked to an expectant public by Arcane Annie). Learn the truth behind the Penny Paradox.
- Broken Leg Blues by Stew. Rawhide, incapacitated and irritable, tries to solve the age-old cat-up-a-tree problem.
Samurai Errant 2 was published in 1989 and contains 139 pages.
- Stone Cold Crazy by Arcane Annie. On the bus to school, Buckaroo's study is interrupted by a kid playing an energetic version of the Magnificent Seven.
- When Numbers Get Serious by Stew and Arcane Annie. Buckaroo is bringing "someone special" home from Oxford...but his best friend Rawhide reacts in ways unexpected.
- Rawhide Was Somewhere Else... by Downtown. The Institute just doesn't seem right one day--one of their number has vanaished.
- Perfect Fit by Dreamspinner. Perfect Tommy endeavors to keep his perfect image in shape, despite having a rotten morning.
- The Most Disagreeable Week by Stew. Rawhide and Reno are rescued from their thermos chest floating off the coast of Japan after sharing a week of despair.
- Sabbatical and The Rectification of Names by Arcane Annie. Rawhide and Perfect Tommy each recount their adventures in Nepal.
- Find the Jet Car Said The President: A Buckaroo Banzai Thriller by Tim Howe. The adventure continues...
- Mrs. Rawhide by Buckskin Brenda. On learning of Rawhide's death, Jenny McKern tells the story of their marriage and separation.
- Banzai Haiku by Stew (on behalf of Buckaroo)
- The Rocky Horror Banzai Show by Downtown. Buckaroo and Peggy's Superthunderjetcar has a flat battery...but help is available from the castle down the road...or is it?
- A Perfect Ending by Ratbag. BBI Tasy has had a rotten day, mainly because Perfect Tommy neglected to fill the Saab with gas.
- Jason by Tolchin. Perfect Tommy has been allowed to drive the bus, with unhappy results. Until Rawhide spots something on the road that Tommy almost ran over...
- Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You by Arcane Annie and Stew--BBI Kira recounts her and Tommy's adventures, as they try to do something about what they believe in despite controversy from both within and outside the Institute.
- Tear Drops by Stew. Tommy asks Reno for help with some poetry he's writing...
Samurai Errant 3 (1989)
- One for the Files by Mary Morris. A Buckaroo Banzai report
- Ginger and the Brat by Stew. The 14 year-old Buckaroo is on his way home when he runs into the local school bully.
- Faerie Tale by L.J. Whorfin. Mourning Peggy, Buckaroo wanders through the Institute gardens and into another world.
- Growth and Rebirth by Berkana. A soldier of fortune in Latin America is betrayed by her fellow mercenaries.
- Debugging by Stew. Rawhide, uh, gets it on with another member of the Institute.
- Find the Jetcar Said The President--A Buckaroo Banzai Thriller by Tim Howe.
- Sidhe-Devil by L.J. Whorfin. Perfect Tommy is freezing his butt off monitoring the weather in Ireland when...there is a soft rustle of movement nearby...
- A State of Mind by Stew. Rawhide takes advantage of an offer of employment at CSIRO in Canberra, Australia to get out of a rut--and finds that the Institute does not hold a monopoly on mad scientists.
- Let Us Cling Together by Tim Howe. More comix stuff!
- Climb Every Mountain by Wookie. New Jersey comes to on the side of a Bolivian mountain and finds his companions have vanished.
- Let's Rock and Roll! by Buckskin Brenda. Mrs. Rawhide is slowly fitting into the Banzai Institute, until Buckaroo corners her...
- A Slight Case of Nerves by Downtown
- Pinky knew he wouldn't even be in this situation, if it wasn't for the blonde juvenile...
- The Tibetan Connection by Buckskin Brenda. The mystery of Pecos explained.
- One Hath Wounded Me by Stew. If you didn't believe that the Kurgan had been hiding out as Rawhide, then you won't believe that the Kurgan beat the Highlander and won the Prize...or will you?
- Hoboken Crunch by Stew. Buckaroo discovers a new Cause...the quest for the ultimate ice cream.
Samurai Errant 4 (1990)
It contains 16 pages of "controversial LoCs and glorious illustrations by Tim Howe, Steve Scholz, Shadowcat, Blades, and Arcane Annie. Romance is both straight and slah, but there's nothing too offensively squidgy involved." 
- Shanghai'd by Berkana (Perfect Tommy continues his crusade to keep Buckaroo presentable.)
- The Missing Link by Stew (The Trouble with a menage a trois is that there are thiree times as many things to go wrong.)
- The Banzai Saga by Tim Howe
- Gatorbait by Shadowcat (Some of the cavaliers try a vacation is Dumpwater, Louisiana and of course end up adventuring instead.)
- Extracts From the Journal of a Lover by Berkana ("July 16 -- Met an entomologist I'll be working with. Tall, dark... Could prove to be rather a distraction.")
- Find the Jetcar Said the President--the Tragic Conclusion by Tim Howe ("Part Four, the tragic conclusion to the BB epic.)
- Eulogy by Arcane Annie (Pecos remembers and farewells Peggy.)
- You're Keen on Bugs by Dreamspinner
- Death Destruction and Criminal Devastation by Berkana (The Cavaliers are asked to investigate a chemical accident.)
- Ladies' Night by Dreamspinner (Mrs. Johnson helps Penny begin to feel at home at the Institute.)
- The Death of Innocence by Stew (Perfect Tommy reminds Reno of his promise to tell the tale of his second wife.)
- The Bizarre Bazaar by Dreamspinner (The Institute's fundraising efforts create a few problems.)
- The Oddest Couple by Downtown (New Jersey reluctantly accompanies Reno to California.)
- from a 1991 flyer