|Creator:||Shaun Cassidy and Ron Koslow|
|Date(s):||July 14 – September 1, 1997|
|Medium:||live-action TV series|
|Country of Origin:||United States|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Roar chronicles the life of Conor, a 20-year-old orphaned prince who must rise above tragedy to lead his people to freedom. Conor takes on a band of ragtag allies that include:
- Tully, a teenage apprentice magician
- Catlin, a beautiful former slave
- Fergus, Conor's big-hearted, ebullient protector.
Their primary struggle is against Longinus, a supernatural creature whose true essence is that of a 400-year-old Roman centurion ready to do the bidding of evil Queen Diana, who is an emissary of the Romans. In this fight for freedom, what is most important for Conor and his people is the Roar – the roar of the land, the roar of the people – a voice that echoes through every living creature and is the power of life.
Two books were written based on the Roar universe, both published in 1998.
The Roar fandom is fairly small, but still fairly active with works being posted to Archive of Our Own and FanFiction.net. Many of the fansites/fic archives from the late 90s & early 00s were recovered by Oocities, others - not so lucky. Fanfiction also appeared on fans personal fanfic archives.
Archives & Fannish Links
- Roar & crossover works at FFN
- Roar works at AO3
- The ROAR Web Vault
- The Roar/HLEB Fanfic Archive Roar & Heath Ledger archive
- Sorcha's ROAR Fanfiction Sanctuary
- RoarLivesOn! - Christie Morgan's Roar site with a fan fiction archive (defunct)
- hear_the_roar, LJ community
- Roar club at FanPop