|Date(s):||24 April 2000 (archive date SWAL)|
|Fandom:||Star Wars: The Phantom Menace|
|External Links:||Only Light (The Broken Circle)|
Only Light (SWAL)
http://www.geocities.com/peacefulpassion/onlylight.html (defunct, Meant To Be Together)
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
I started this a very long time ago. Then it was a sweet happy little thing with a wonderful resolution. Then I discovered that it wouldn't work that way, that people don't work that way, and I dropped it. Several days ago, however, Augusta Pembrooke posted a "darkfic" to chanslash, called Worth It, which resembled this story as I'd conceived it Darkly. Needless to say, she inspired me and I set back to work on it. And now that I'm finished, I have to frankly say I'm amazed at myself; I've written this in a week and a half. And I think it's a really good story that raises some interesting questions. Not to mention that it's not fun as it sounds, being possessed by four incredibly hot guys.;-) [veg] The "optimized" version of this story, with cool colors and neat cover art, can be found at my site, once it decides to cooperate: http://www.geocities.com/peacefulpassion/onlylight.html
The story was linked at Jedi Discipline in the "Fan Fiction Links" section of the page.
Recs and Reviews
Beautiful and oh, so very angsty. Could be a tear-jerker, this one.– T.O.T.O.
- "I have been over worlds, through galaxies, crossed deserts and snow plains, nearly died more times than I would like to count, been captured and rescued, been chastised and scolded, lauded and praised--and nothing has ever felt like this!
- I have kissed Obi-Wan Kenobi, the love of all lifetimes, just once, and all I have ever done pales in comparison to that few minutes.
- And I know that I will be punished for this; I may even die for it. They already know. I am certain.
- But I would rather die, having kissed Obi-Wan just once, than live for many years yet and never kiss him."
This is one of the few stories that has actually managed to make me cry. Beautifully written and full of delicious angst, this AU focuses on the absolute power of true love.
- Meant To Be Together: The Fiction Archive, via Wayback: 16 June 2000. (Accessed 25 December 2015)
- SWAL: Only Light. (Accessed 25 December 2015)
- "chiaroscuro v6 – T.O.T.O. (The Obi-Wan Torture Oasis)". 2005-03-31. Archived from the original on 2013-06-20.
- Rushlight's Recs: TPM. (Accessed 23 April 2015)
- Padder's Messy Room. Recs. (Accessed 28 November 2015)