OH JOHN RINGO NO
|See also:||Open Source Boob Project, meme|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
It was first introduced during the review Books to make my flist's heads explode: John Ringo by David Hines.
"I do, however, have a finely-tuned defense mechanism: whenever something trips my circuit breaker, causing me to cringe away from the page, I utter aloud a cry that resets my noggin. You will probably need it yourself, so I provide it here, as a public service: "OH JOHN RINGO NO.".
The term spread quickly.
The phrase spread through the internet with several contexts related to bad writing and misogyny.
"Thanks to this whole "Open Source" debate, I've learned a new catchphrase: OH JOHN RINGO NO. And now I've become aware of the source."
- Hradzka, books to make my flist's head explode: John Ringo, David Hines, March 22, 2008 (Accessed October 2, 2008)
- i_am_a_jedi, A Meme is Born, Metafilter, May 2, 2008 (Accessed October 2, 2008)
- Jeff Pack, OH JOHN RINGO NO, Bookworm, April 25, 2008 (Accessed October 2, 2008)
- Unfunnybusiness Community Tag, April 22, 2008 (Accessed October 2, 2008)
- Melannen, OH JOHN RINGO NO, Unfunnybusiness, April 22, 2008 (Accessed October 2, 2008)
- Feminist SF Wiki OH JOHN RINGO NO, April 26, 2008 (Accessed October 2, 2008)
- Oh John Ringo No Amazon Tag,Accessed October 14, 2008
- David Hines, OH JOHN RINGO NO: the T-shirt is here, May 12, 2008 Accessed October 14, 2008