Last Day On Earth
|Title:||Last Day On Earth|
|External Links:||story at LJ; podfic version|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
Summary: Sam is injured on a hunt and has maybe a day let to live. A list of things to do if you only have one day to live, presented in inconvenient non-list form.
"It's unbelievable, unacceptable in a way that's fucking galling, these goddamn fixes Sam gets them into."
- "i don't have proper words for what i'm feeling. this is the best kind of story - the way you wrote it, the back and forth shifting timelines, how dean and sam and bobby sound perfectly in character, the tsukiji lore, dean's anguish and sam's quiet acceptance and wanting his brother since he was 15, and the way i had my FREAKING HEART IN MY MOUTH UNTIL THE LAST SENTENCE. god holy fuck. see? i can't even string words together properly right now, you've killed my brain completely."
- "Sometimes stories are so good they leave you breathless and on edge the entire time. This is most definitely one of them. The frustration/anger/love/hate from Dean's POV is just compelling beyond everything."
- "The interactions between Sam and Dean run the gamut here, from angry, to humorous to loving. This story has a fascinating case that ends badly and emotion that is powerful and strong. candle_beck picks every word with care. Her men are masculine without being caricatures, they feel like the men you meet in everyday life, your husbands, brothers and uncles, both in word and action. There are always more beautiful lines than I can quote back and I am always left reeling when I read this author."
Fan Art Gallery
Below is a some of the fanart created for this story which has been included with the permission of the artists.
- spnstoryfinders's Convert me to Wincest dated July 26, 2010 and Wincest - convince me! - You did! dated Dec 23, 2011 and Wincest convert dated Dec 2009.
- comment in the story post dated July 28th, 2009.
- crack-impala Blast From The Past dated January 8th, 2011.
- sawedoff-recs's Wordsmiths rec post dated Noc 17, 2009.