|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
.In the vein of spn_j2_bigbang, Hawaii Five-O Big Bang is a fandom challenge that aims to display the best of what our writers and artists have to offer in a joint venture. Writers will produce a novella-length piece of original fiction with a minimum 20,000 words, and then their stories will receive an artistic backing by way of graphics or videos
For other Hawai Five-0 big bangs see:
- Author: sirona_gs
- Artist: sparklycockles
- Pairing: (central) Steve/Danny, many minor pairings.
- Word Count: ~46,000
- Rating: NC-17
- Disclaimer: They're not mine, which is the greatest tragedy of my life.
- Warning: Graphic violence (of the fistcuffs variety), hints of child neglect at the start, minors fighting, minor character death (pre-story), canon character death, angst. Don't worry, though -- this is meant to be a happy story, I promise. We'll get there.
- Summary: It's all his damned knee's fault. If it wasn't for his body's betrayal, no one would have found out about the fight club, or about his dad practically leaving them to fend for themselves after their mother's death. And they certainly wouldn't have sent the four of them kids to Hawai'i, to live with their aunt and uncle. Although, Danny has to admit that the class president offers a not-so-small consolation... A.k.a. Danny gets sent to Hawai'i to finish high school, and meets the gang, and kind of falls in love.
- Author's Note: Written for h50_bigbang. At its heart this is a High School AU where the boys meet pretty much 16 years before the events of the series, and follows their relationship up to 1.08 -- although due to the nature of the story, it is AU throughout as it allows for the fact that the two of them know each other. It follows canon as much as possible, although I admit to fibbing Mrs McGarrett's time and date of death to suit the story. This story would honestly not exist if it wasn't for zolac_no_miko. She talked me off ledges, researched and explained all things Hawai'i like a superhero for me, and practically glued this story together with her enthusiasm and support, for which I am pathetically grateful. I could not have done it without her, and that's the truth. Thanks, babe. ♥ All remaining mistakes are my own.
- Characters/Pairing: Steve/Danny, Grace
- Word Count: 20,118
- Rating: NC-17
- Disclaimer: I don't own Hawaii Five-0.
- Warning: death of a canon character
- Summary: When Rachel is killed Steve has his work cut out for him trying to hold Danny and Grace together. He may be the only one who really understands Grace’s pain but between Danny taking his own anger out on Steve and all of the unresolved feelings between the two of them nothing is easy.
- Author's Note: Written for the h50_bigbang This story follows canon through episode 1.23 but diverges from there. The finale did not happen. The title is from the song “Everybody’s Changing” by Keane. Special thanks to forcellari, somehowunbroken and jesseofthenorth for their beta work and support. Also, many, many thanks to chosenfire28 for her wonderful artwork.
- Summary: A figure steps out of the shadows, and it takes all of Danny’s training not to shoot then and there. "Have no fear, citizen!" a voice calls out. "Everything is under control!" Or, the AU in which Steve is a superhero and Danny is still a cop, and they still sort of drive each other nuts. Together, they have to save the world from certain doom.
- Artist: vahly: Link to art here!
- Artist: odysseaia: TBA
- Characters: Steve/Danny, Chin Ho, Kono, Meka, assorted other canon characters
- Rating: NC-17
- Wordcount: 29,815
- Disclaimer: Playing in CBS' sand box.
- Warnings: explicit sex, superhero tropes like whoa, doomsday devices