You may be looking for Category:Glossary.
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
A Glossary is an alphabetical list, with meanings, of the words or phrases in a text that are to understand.
They can cover expressions ranging from fandom activities to a kind of indicative sentence. The creation of fannish glossaries is old and dates back to before the internet, when fans organized themselves through letters and meetings — conventions.
Examples of Print Glossaries
- The Fillostrated Fan Dictionary by Elliot Weinstein (1975)
- The STrekfan's Glossary of Abbreviations and Slanguage, a Star Trek fandom glossary from 1976
Examples of Online Glossaries
- Fanfic Glossary at Geocities fansite Fanfic by cmshaw, archived 29 February 2000
- The Fanfiction Glossary by Kielle at subreality
- The Fanfictionary by eiahmon (posted to Dreamwidth in 2009, but originally hosted on Anime Fountain)
- Fannish Glossary at tehomet.net
- Fanfiction Terminolgy by Moonbeam. Includes common fandom terms, anime fandom terms, and fandom specific terms.
- GLOSSARY AND FAN FICTION INTRODUCTION (Ashera's Archive) (2001)
- Fanlore's own Category:Glossary
- A Key to the Terminology of S-F Fandom, Archived version by Donald Franson (1962)
front of The STrekfan's Glossary of Abbreviations and Slanguage, 2nd edition