|Pairing:||Louis Tomlinson/Eleanor Calder|
|Gender category:||Het, f/m|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Elounor is the ship name for the relationship between One Direction singer Louis Tomlinson and Eleanor Calder. In real life, Tomlinson and Calder had a four-year relationship that ended in March 2015 but was rekindled in early 2017.
It is extremely controversial in the fandom, as many Larry Stylinson tinhats claim and have repeatedly tried to prove that the relationship is/was purely PR, with Eleanor as a beard. Various theories exist regarding Eleanor's "real" identity (as the daughter of a media mogul, or as a pair of twins or even triplets, etc), despite overwhelming evidence to her sincerity and the reality of their relationship.
As of April 3, 2015, 1007 works were tagged Eleanor Calder/Louis Tomlinson on AO3 (compared to 22k stories tagged Larry). Elounor is rarely the focus or the endgame pairing of the stories: when Harry/Louis is filtered out, only 299 stories remain, and even within those, the stories often focus on another member's relationship.
Although in a great number of Elounor stories the ship is discarded (infidelity, breakup, etc) so that Larry can end up together, Elounor does not necessarily exist in opposition to Larry or other slash Louis pairings; they can co-exist in the same universe, for example, in poly verses, in verses where Larry is unrequited, where m/m is brought up as a fantasy within the couple, etc. Eleanor can also feature as a side (or main) character in other ship stories as an ex, or sometimes even paired with another 1D member's girlfriend.
- What you're missing by becka, angsty pegging fic with past Harry/Louis.
- All These Secret Places by randominity, a BDSM series where Eleanor doms Louis.
- A Vicarious Occastion by randominity, a Harry/Louis/Eleanor poly series.
- Family and Friends Denial of Larry and Confirmation of Elounor, Jan 2015 Tumblr post doing what it says: compiling statements from Louis and Eleanor's friends & family confirming their relationship and denying Larry.
- the "Calder triplets", a 2013 Tumblr post debunking the Triplets Theory by stoppostingintheelounortags.