Chains (Harry Potter story)
|Title:||Chains and Chained|
|Date(s):||before March 2003|
|Length:||3,568 words (Chains) and 4,064 words (Chained)|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
The stories, along with Maya's other fics, were taken offline in November 2008 when Maya went pro. Though Maya has requested that fans not share her work with others, copies of the stories can still be found uploaded online or exchanged via email, either on their own or as part of The Complete Works of Maya.
Summary for "Chained": Crazy sequel to 'Chains' for Aja's birthday. Banners, more chains and also leather.
Fanworks Inspired by the Stories
- 'Help! I'm chained up in here with a sex maniac!' by E. MacLeod — Sketch of Harry from "Chained". The title is a quote from "Chains".
Recs & Reviews
Are you in the mood for something extremely funny and naughty? Something that will keep you laughing and giggling all the time while you're reading it and afterwards? If your answer is "yes!", then Chained by Maya is the right fic for you.
First I have to say that this story is the sequel to Chains, and it would make a lot more sense to read the prequel first, although the fic can be read as a stand-alone as well. For all of you interested in the prequel, here is a link to it. It's exactly as brilliant and humourful as the sequel, so check it out!
I've always found it very hard to review Maya's fics. All of them are unique and wonderfully written, and I feel unworthy to try to comment on them or analyse them. It's very difficult to pick a quote from her stories and label it as a "favourite line", because that would mean to quote the whole text.
A number of other readers seconded the rec for "Chained" and "Chains" at the FicNifflers thread. Examples include:
Both this fic and this prequel are absolutely brilliant. A good mix of snappy dialogue and kinky slashy goodness-really, what's not to like?
I like the originality of the idea, and seeing Harry in leather for a change. The arch-nemesis comment is possibly the funniest thing I ever read. Or most disturbing....
Great story Maya!
Yay! ^__^ I read this fic a while ago and have been going back and reading it practically every week since then. It's some of the most brilliant slash I've read, and I do read loads of slash. ^^ I love how Maya writes Draco. He's incredibly close to canon, yet he has that witty, rebelious thing going for him. Plus, this fic is hiliarious and sexy. Harry has the cutest way of seducing, and I love when he finally gets into the moment and then Draco realizes he isn't dreaming. ^^ *siiigh* It's hard to find sweet, kinky little fics like these...
- In the header info from the stories' postings at the Potter Slash Archive, Chains is labelled "general/humour" and Chained is labelled "humour/romance". Both are labelled PG-13. (Archived 18 February 2007.)
- Adelina at FictionAlley Park's The FicNifflers Recommend... forum. Chained by Maya. 21 March 2003. (Accessed 30 September 2016; archive.is backup.)
- Ishtar at FictionAlley Park, Post ID 527589. 28 March 2003. (Accessed 30 September 2016.)
- Lizzi Lupin at FictionAlley Park, Post ID 555626. 24 April 2003. (Accessed 30 September 2016.)
- cest_what on LiveJournal. Harry Potter Fic Recs, posted 03 January 2005, updated 19 August 2008. (Accessed 30 September 2016.)