Care to Debate That?
|Title:||Care to Debate That?|
|Medium:||R and R|
|Fandom:||Star Trek: The Original Series|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Five were essays written by a specific author/s, one was a collection of long letters of comment by many fans regarding a certain subject.
This feature appeared in these issues.
- Care to Debate That? Vulcan Sexuality in the Night of the Twin Moons Universe by Jean Lorrah, Jean discusses her version of Vulcan sexuality in the NTM Universe, with an “awakening” of the male at first pon farr (issue #3, 1977)
- Care to Debate That? The K/S Relationship... Con, a collection of short letters/essays on the K/S premise (issue #5, 1977)
- Care to Debate That? Broadside by Johanna Cantor, addresses the The SekWester*Con Porn Debate and fans' right to speculate freely on all subjects (issue #5, 1977)
- Care to Debate That? Anti-Feminism in Treklit by Susan Matthews and Johanna Cantor (issue #6/7, 1978)
- Care to Debate That? I Am Not Spock by Johanna Cantor (issue #6/7, 1978)
- Care to Debate That? Lack of Female Characters in Trek Fan Fiction by Mindy Glazer (issue #10, 1979)
There are long rebuttals in issues #6/7 (1978), #8 (1979), #9 (1979), and #12 (1980) to these essays.