|Date(s):||February 13, 2008|
|Fandom:||My Chemical Romance|
|External Links:||on AO3; on livejournal|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
The original post on LiveJournal generated over 300 comments. Some examples:
This made my night and day and year, I am so ecstatic. Those boys! Gerard's knitted bread creature! *draws hearts around them both* Brilliant. Seriously, I want to buy all of Gerard's art immediately. The characterization in this is so fabulous I cannot say, and the pacing is amazing. I love the slow build-up of flirting to the incredibly scorching hot sex. Seriously, I cannot praise this story enough.
I love the way you show Frank's slow realization that he can be someone new, the way he's wary of forcing that change but just slowly working towards it. And the pure joy of art, the joy of creation that both Frank and Gerard feel - that really rings true.
OH. OH, I AM JUST SO FULL OF HAPPINESS AND JOY AND WARM FUZZIES THAT I ACTUALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF!?
oh, this is lovely, and I think it plugs straight into what a lot of us feel, wanting to write, not be a corporate wage-slave, and it's gorgeous, seeing Frank's slow awakening, the way he finds Gerard and then finds him again. I love the way you handle the Grand Misunderstanding in an entirely reasonable way, and the final reunion at a craft fair is just! Yay! ♥ ♥ ♥
2008 crack_van rec:
Intrigue and suspense and cross-purpose boy-fumbling! Just - read it and let it please you.
pennyplainknits in 2013:
I'm having a lot of thoughts at the moment around what I want to do with my life, about food, and art, and creativity, and so what Frank goes through in this fic really resonates with me. Recording JJ's words is always like coming home for me, so I really wanted to record this fic, for my own comfort as much as anything else.
- archive.is page 1; page 2; page 3; page 4; page 5; page 6; page 7; page 8.
- anonymous comment, 14 February 2008, in jjtaylor's LJ. archive.is
- comment by marginaliana, 14 February 2008. archive.is
- comment by berserkide, 14 February 2008. archive.is.
- comment by dsudis, 16 February 2008. archive.is
- swanswan. Buy Handmade by JJTaylor (Adult), Archived version, posted in crack_van, 2008-07-23.
- pennyplainknits. Podfic: Buy Handmade, Archived version, posted to dreamwidth, 2 November 2013