Bonded (Sentinel zine)
|External Links:||DE Press|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Bonded is a slash Sentinel anthology.
Bonded 1 was published in 2004 and contains 248 pages. Lilac is the cover and interior artist.
- Flesh of My Flesh by Caro Dee (crossover with The X-Files. On the run, Jim must fight for Blair when another comes to claim him.) (82 pages)
- One Fine Day by Rebel (Friends and Family may not accept Jim and Blair's new relationship.) (32 pages)
- Spice of Life by LilyK (Jim decides he needs a little more spice in his life.) (36 pages)
- Hard Headed by Ophelia (Fears and insecurities threaten to tear Guide and Sentinel apart.) (32 pages)
- Death will Not Part Us by Tayla (An old enemy comes seeking revenge.) (20 pages)
- Hour of Lead by Lyn Townsend (58 pages)
Bonded 2 was published in May 2004 and contains 230 pages. Lilac is the cover and interior artist.
- Windows to the Soul by Annie (Excerpt: His temples throbbed as he saw again the vision of the wolf, its face gradually morphing into that of a young blond boy, whose eyes were filled with fear. As he watched, transfixed, the boy's eyes changed, replaced by the deep blue steady gaze Jim knew and loved so much. "Blair," Jim whispered, inexplicable anguish gripping him, bringing bile to touch the back of his throat, making him gag.)
- Miss You by Ophelia (Excerpt: When Jim opened the door, Blair's breath caught in his throat. Ellison looked so different, but in a good way. His chest was covered with a shirt that was made of what might have been light crushed velvet the color of cream. His pants were a light cotton and fit loosely over his hips and legs. And Jim was bare foot! Blair tried hard not to drool but knew he was staring; and he also knew the desire that was in his eyes could not be covered up. He wanted this man, how could he have ever thought they were only friends?)
- Sensory Deprivation by Valaria (Excerpt: Then he looked beyond the very narrow footpath, grabbing at the cliff face to his left, backing away from the precipice that dropped off into the mists on his right. "Shaman, you have a choice to make. It will take your life and your soul." Blair started, almost losing his foothold on the ledge. "A choice?" he squeaked. "You must choose to be Sentinel or Guide. You cannot be both.")
- Heritage by KAM (Excerpt: The door opened at that moment and a man and a woman entered. They bore a strong resemblance to Naomi, and to a lesser extent Blair. Both men knew that they were looking at Naomi's parents, Blair's grandparents. Instinctively, Jim stepped forward, placing himself between his Guide and the others. The man smiled, but it was by no means a pleasant expression. "So, you protect your Guide, do you, Sentinel. You should know that you needn't protect him from us. We are, after all, his family.")
- I'll Always Come Back by Bast (Excerpt: The line goes dead, and I close my phone, staring down at it, clenching my hand around the slim metal body. He loves me?)
Bonded 3 was published in November 2004 and contains 212 pages. Ankaree is the cover and interior artist.
- Numb by LilyK (Excerpt: Blair ran his hands through his hair before covering his face. "I can't do this anymore," he whispers. "Do this?" "Yeah." "What is 'this' exactly?" "I can't -- watch you die.")
- Longing for Freedom by Ophelia (Excerpt: The day after he had given that press conference and Rainer had kicked him out, the phone started to ring. His denial of the paper he had written should have been enough, was suppose to have taken care of the problem his mother had dumped in his lap. But it hadn't, it was as if the press conference had never existed; and it was all because people who once thought they were sick or insane started to come forward. Doctors were convinced enough to take copies of his 'fiction' and put these people to the test. The results were a new group of people defined as Sentinels.)
- Rhythm of the Night by Ankaree (Excerpt: They walked to the center of the dance floor where Jim turned to face Blair, gently pulling him into his arms. When their bodies met and began to move to the music, Jim's heart soared at the feel of the warm body brushing against his. Tilting his head, Jim began to nuzzle the side of Blair's neck, placing a gentle kiss on the soft skin he found beneath his lips.)
- Failure is Not an Option by Nadja Lee (Excerpt: "He knew I had my abilities," Jim's softly spoken words seemed like a loud scream in the stillness of the room and broke Blair's dark trail of thought. Jim continued in the same monotone, a soft but far away tone of voice. "He knew it would hurt more on my skin." Jim turned back to face Blair, a haunted look in his eyes that stabbed Blair in the heart like a knife. "Do you know how many fibers there are in a leather belt? I know. I've felt every one.")
- Moira's Blessing by Natalie L (Excerpt: Jim Ellison approached the Guide Market with some trepidation. He didn't want a guide; he didn't want to be saddled with the responsibility, but his boss, Captain Simon Banks, had insisted. Until recently, Ellison had been a top-notch detective with the Major Crime Unit of the Cascade PD, but after a solitary stakeout his senses had come on-line, and he found himself hard pressed to cope with them alone. The captain had assigned him desk duty, with the threat that Jim wouldn't be allowed back in the field until he found himself a guide. )
Bonded 4 was published in April 2005 and contains 208 pages. Ankaree is the cover and interior artist.
- Worried About Sandburg by Lyn Townsend (Some J/f but ends J/B.) Excerpt: I finally realized it wasn't Sandburg I was worried about, it was what he'd come to mean to me and how much it scared me not to take it further, but frightened me even more, that if I did, I'd lose him forever.)
- A Night at the Circus by Nadja Lee (Excerpt: "I mean you no harm," Jim wasn't sure why he spoke the Sentinel soft words to the caged animal but there was something in the panther's eyes...pain, loss, hurt and betrayal. Emotions which mirrored his own.)
- Give My Heart by Virginia Sky ((NOTE: This story was previously posted on-line to a closed group) Excerpt: All the signs of a seduction were in place. The question was whether this seduction was in the terms of friendship or - dare he admit - romance.)
- The Jungle by Ophelia (Excerpt: His body was on fire as he moved the last few steps to stand in front of his partner, his guide, his every breath these past few days.)
- Moira's Curse by Natalie L ((Sequel to 'Moira's Blessing' in Bonded 3) (Warnings: Non-con bonding - B/other sentinels; torture/abuse; prolonged separation of Jim and Blair.) Excerpt: Simon sighed. Blair's anguished words didn't make what he had to do any easier. He hated himself for it, but he hadn't been given a choice. "Blair... what happened at the scene... with those three men..." He paused; waiting to be sure he had the guide's attention. Blair tensed and gripped Jim's hand a bit more tightly. "Rumors circulated through the department, and word got out. I'm sorry. I tried to cover it up, but I couldn't." Behind him, the shadowy figures of two uniformed men appeared. "The Wardens are here, Blair... I'm so sorry -")
Bonded 5 was published in August 2005 and contains 272 pages. Ankaree is the cover and interior artist.
- Searching for Understanding by Ophelia (Sequel to Longing for Freedom in Bonded 3. (NOTE: Although it stands alone, this story ends 'TBC' and will be concluded in a future issue of 'Bonded'.) Excerpt: "I know, Blair. Just turn around for me and look at the temple." There was a small note of fear in Jim's voice. One that Blair rarely ever heard. He did as his sentinel asked and held his breath. There, on one of the small walkways of the temple, stood a spotted jaguar. "She's coming." )
- No Matter What by Annie (Excerpt: Taking his courage and his intense hope in hand, Blair leaned forward and kissed Jim right on the Sentinel's surprised but very delicious mouth. He savored the sensation, feeling Jim's lips opening under his, Jim's tongue tangling momentarily with Blair's own. Then he was shoved back at arms-length and held there.)
- All For Love by Nadja Lee (Excerpt: "You sold your soul for me and I was never to know. Never?" Blair asked softly.)
- Moira's Destiny by Natalie L (Sequel to Moira's Blessing in Bonded 3 and Moira's Curse in Bonded 4. Excerpt: He shivered and wrapped his arms around his body. There was nowhere to sit, nowhere to lie, nowhere to stand that wasn't cold, artificial stone. He tried calling out, but his voice sounded hollow - echoing in the empty chamber. He quieted and dialed up hearing, hoping to overhear a conversation, a footstep, the whir of a fan, but nothing came to his ears. Where was he? And more importantly, where was his guide? Where was Blair? Was he safe, or was he also trapped in a dark, silent prison? (Warnings: Torture/abuse, H/C, surgical removal of one damaged testicle (could be seen as a castration scene), brief separation of Jim and Blair.))
- drabbles by Nadja Lee: 'The Art of War', 'The Art of Peace', 'Hero', 'Sacrifices', 'Silent Sacrifice', and 'Pretending'.
Bonded 6 was published in January 2006 and contains 248 pages.
- Real Men Don't and Other Fallacies by Marion (Summary: "I'm telling you, Sandburg, men do not have food sex with their partners.")
- Moira's Entropy by Natalie L (Sequel to Moira's Blessing in Bonded 3, Moira's Curse in Bonded 4 and Moira's Destiny in Bonded 5. (Warnings: Non-con/rape, abuse/torture, brief mention of underage sex.) Summary: Five years after the events of 'Moira's Destiny,' it's the dawn of a new age for Sentinels and Guides. Jim and Blair are asked to speak before Congress in favor of an amendment to make Guides' rights Constitutional, but before they can leave Cascade, Blair goes missing. Threatened with the death of his guide, Jim must decide between the lives of all guides and the life of one.)
- A Different Angle by Marion (Summary: sigh... That's another seven years of bad luck, and you're going to be picking up glass for most of it.)
- These Days by Jagwolf ((Note: was previously Net-published.) Summary: Jim's hopes for his and Blair's future go awry. Post TS by BS.)
- Feathers and Lace by Marion (Summary: "Feathers?" achoo! "Allergies!" achoo!)
Bonded 7 was published in January 2007 and contains 300 pages.
- Sway by Lyn Townsend (NOTE: This story was previously published in My Mongoose E-zine.) Excerpt: Blair was gloriously, unashamedly naked. His hair shone with tones of burnished copper, fanned about his shoulders, his skin looked golden in the reflected glow from the fire. His sturdy, muscular body danced a slow rhythm to the music, setting a fire within Jim. Blair's eyes were closed and he seemed to not be aware of Jim's presence.)
- The Journey by Marion
- Relaxation Techniques by Lyn Townsend (NOTE: This story was previously published in My Mongoose E-zine.) Excerpt: Shifting so that he stood directly behind his partner, Blair raised his hands and rested them on Jim's broad shoulders. Man, the guy was tense. Wound tighter than a spring. With sure hands, Blair began to knead the knotted muscles, coaxing them into relaxing.)
- Whispers of the Heart by Natalie L. (Excerpt: Back around Christmas, nearly a year and a half ago, he'd had an encounter with an angel. He didn't know it then, but he believed it now. Gabe had told him, "What good does it do for a man to have ears that will hear a thousand miles, if he cannot listen to the whispers of his own heart?" As Blair prepared to head off for the police academy, Jim was finally listening to the whispers.)
- At the End of the Day – 1 by Lyn Townsend (Excerpt: I turn my head and bury my nose in Blair's curls. I take in a slow deep breath, and allow the scent of his herbal shampoo to waft in. My hand moves up and captures strands of hair, allowing the shiny locks to glide through my fingers like silk.)
- Don’t Want to Lose You by Annie (Excerpt: I reached out with a shaky hand and felt for a pulse, almost falling in a heap as I felt it beneath my fingertips. "Hang on, Jim," I murmured, taking one still hand in mine. "You'll be okay. I don't want to lose you now, man. Just hang on, okay?")
- At the End of the Day – 2 by Lyn Townsend (Excerpt: I'm bored, and wide awake. Jim's snoring softly beside me, which only makes me more depressed. Nothing worse than having someone lying right next to you, enjoying a peaceful slumber while you struggle in Morpheus' arms. I barely made it up the stairs under my own steam but once my head hit the pillow, that was it. I haven't slept at all and it's now, I turn my head and squint at the alarm clock, three AM.)
- New Beginnings by KAM (WARNING: Mpreg. NOTE: This story was previously published in 'Ice Cream and Pickles' It has been revised and expanded with over 70 new pages.) Excerpt: Jim looked at Blair and could almost believe the press conference and the whole dissertation fiasco hadn't happened. It was just like a normal day from before, with Jim heading out to the station and Blair heading out to the university. If only. Jim shook his head, forcibly pushing those thoughts away. Thinking like that didn't help anyone. "Let's go.")