Alice Jones & Killian Jones (Wish)
|Relationship:||Alice Jones & Killian Jones (Wish)|
|Fandom:||Once Upon A Time|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
KnightRook is often argued as being one of the better aspects of the last season, both by those who like Season 7, and those who don't. In a similar manner to Curious Archer and Alice more broadly, KnightRook has been largely praised by both fans and critics. However, there are portions of the wider OUAT fandom who are more outspoken at their dislike of the relationship, particularly from corners of the Captain Swan fandom, often due to perceptions of Wish!Killian in comparison to Original!Killian.
Many however, including a not inconsequential amount from other corners of the CS fandom, love KnightRook, with some going so far as to cite it as one of the best parent-child relationships the show ever did.
Certain aspects of their relationship are particularly praised, such as the consistency at which Killian is supportive of his daughter
Discussions have arisen regarding whether or not Killian abandoned Alice and if so, to what extent.
Amongst fans, opinions differ, though everyone agrees Killian cared for his daughter immensely, and it has had very little, if any, affect on their relationship. Some believe he did, in the sense that he eventually stopped trying to find a cure temporarily after becoming depressed, before overcoming his struggle and going forward once again whilst others argue he didn't.
Amongst certain critics of the relationship, some have argued that he selfishly abandoned her, and that there were ways he could have stayed with her. This idea is vehemently disagreed upon by fans of the duo, and even amongst those who are more ambivalent, by stating things that happened within the show itself.
- GoldenKnightRook - Rumple is often deemed to be an additional father figure to Alice, both in the absence of her papa and with him. He'll often be referred to as Dad N#2 (or variations of such). Sometimes GoldenKnightRook simply refers to Alice's shared fatherly figures, other times it will incorporate the romantic pairing of Rumple/Killian Jones (Wish).
- Piggyback Time - Taken from the OUAT Season 7 Bloopers regarding the actors and often applied to the characters themselves.
Common Tropes & Themes
- Angst - Given Alice's isolation in the tower, angsty KnightRook stories taking place during this time are fairly common.
- Alternate Universes - AU's in which Alice and Killian were able to live together outside the tower, modern AU or not, are relatively popular.
Conventions & Panels
- Enchanted 2
Challenges & Events
- KnightRook: A History
- KnightRook Secret Santa
- Dark One!Alice ficlet by thesschesthair
- Rogers Taking Alice to Hospital by thesschesthair
- 'You Look Perfect' (January 2018) by killianmesmalls
- 'A Gentle Passing' (May 2018) by ProtoChan
- Reality vs. Expectations (November 2017) by cocohook38
- 'When he finally holds her again...' (May 2018) by bleebug
- KR Writing Letters (November 2018) by aibafiles
- 'starfish rescue squad!' (November 2018) by aibafiles
- '♘♜::♘♜::♘♜' (July 2019) by bleebug
- 'some knightrook bein like Happy n shit' (April 2020) by bleebug
KR Sleeping In Tower by cocohook38
- 'KnightRook is the best Parent-Child Relationship on Once Upon A Time…' - Tumblr Post (July 2018)
- 'I will never get over the consistency with which Killian Jones and [... Rogers is supportive of Alice/Tilly.'] (May 2018)
- 'KnightRook - Abandonment' - Tumblr Post
- Abandonment Argument - Tumblr (December 2018)
- Family Name Origin (March 2018)
- GoldenKnightRook Family Tumblr Post (March 2018)
- GoldenKnightRook - He Lives In You (August 2018)
- Piggyback Time Fanart (August 2018) by cocohook38