A Softer World
|Trope · Genre|
|Tropes · Slash Tropes · Tropes by Fandom|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
A Softer World is a popular webcomic whose content and format have inspired countless fanworks. The webcomic, which ran from 2003 to 2015, typically consisted of three-panel photographic art with short captions in monospaced font, often containing dark humor. Many fans have created parody fancomics using the style and often the text itself juxtaposed with screencaps of characters from specific fandoms. The webcomic has also inspired some fanfic.
According to Know Your Meme, these fancomics started appearing in May 2010; possibly the first was a figure skating LiveJournal community called "A Skating World". Many tumblr accounts have been created with names like A Softer Teen Wolf or A Softer Universe (Steven Universe).
- Panic! at the Disco: we are the greatest team ever (April 13, 2010)
- Harry Potter: I want people to tell their children terrifying stories about the things we did for love at asofterhogwarts (July 21, 2011)
- XMFC: sometimes when two people love each other, it's really unfortunate by bonkybarnes (September 7, 2011)
- BtVS: live every day like you already died at aharsherworld (October 26, 2014)
- Steven Universe: You were my everything, which, upon reflection, was probably the problem. at a-softer-universe (June 16, 2015)