A Reflection of Starlight
|Title:||A Reflection of Starlight|
|Date(s):||August 9th, 2015 - present|
|Genre:||Post-seine, canon divergence, slow burn, fix-it fic|
|External Links:||A Reflection of Starlight|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
A Reflection of Starlight (AROS) is a Les Misérables brick verse fanfiction by AutumnGracy. It is a slow burn post-Seine fix-it fic. The main pairing is Javert/Jean Valjean (Valvert). This fic deals with themes of recovery, trust, friendship and asexuality.The fanfic was posted on AO3 on August 9th, 2015 and is currently a WIP. As of February 2019, it has 67 chapter and is over 350,000 words. The author's summary states:
Curiosity causes Valjean to follow Javert to the Seine, and what he sees there changes everything. Now they must struggle to understand one another as their worlds come crashing down around them. A story about compassion, tenderness, and reconciliation. Based entirely on Brick canon.
Jean Valjean saves Javert after his suicide attempt and nurses him back to health. They slowly become friends as all the while the world around them begins to change. They face troubles together, including a legal battle, the return of Thénardier, Valjean's reconciliation with Marius Pontmercy and Cosette and other ghosts from the past. Through these struggles, Javert and Valjean become closer.
The fic was well received by Valvert fans on AO3 and Tumblr, inspiring many works of fan art (see below). It is considered one of the most iconic Valvert fics. As of September 2019, it is the second most popular Valvert fic on AO3 by kudos and hits.
- a scene from autumngracy’s wonderful fic “a reflection of starlight”
- autumngracy can you confirm
- autumngracy posted chapter 65 of AROS, killing me instantly.
- Cloudy Day in Toulon
- cured my depression
- He fell asleep at his desk
- icons for the characters of AROS
- I reread AROS yesterday, mostly because I could...
- Javert went from never shed a single since childhod to every 6 or so chapters in AROS and I love it >:3 (his hat is a curse to try to draw)
- Just a little thing I did...
- look what you’ve done, look at these dumb old men
- My fanart of fic w/out nighttime shading
- Okay, this is the final shots of the pair of Javert and Valjean paintings I did this week
- One of my favorite dialogues of the fan fic a reflection of starlight...
- Saint Michael and the Morning Star
- scribbly little page of Inspector J doodles...
- Someday I’ll draw one of the happy scenes from AROS Today is not that day
- That last chapter of AROS, am I right? <3
- The Pontmercys
- Valjean and Javert
- Valvert doodle for the WE, inspired by AROS because there has been a lot of hugging going on so yeah
- Well, after the last AROS chapter, this was inevitable
- “Would you like to do the honors, mon adjutant?”
- you made a nun lie to me?
- You Must Live
- I present to you a summary of A Reflection of Starlight
- Drake Meme
- When Javert finds out that Valjean has been purposely sabotaging his relationship with his family (please read A Reflection of Starlight by @autumngracy)
Meta and Recs
- "51. Describe the aesthetic of your story in 5 sentences or words"
- Fanfiction Fridays: A Reflection of Starlight by AutumnGracy