A Grief Well Ended
|Star Trek Fanfiction|
|Title:||A Grief Well Ended|
|Fandom:||Star Trek: The Original Series|
|External Links:||A Grief Well Ended|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
It was published in Stardate: Unknown #3.
The Crossroads Series
At one point, a zine called "Crossroads" was to have been published that would have contained all of Juanita Salicrup's Spock/Christine stories. See: Stardate: Unknown #6.
- Crossroads (in Stardate: Unknown #2, 1976)
- A Grief Well Ended (in Stardate: Unknown #3, 1977)
- A Bridge of Crystal and Light (in Stardate: Unknown #4, 1978)
- never printed, "Fire in the Mind" was to have been the fourth story in the series and was to have been in the zine The Farthest Star (1981) 
- Gift of the Masters of Time (in Dagger of the Mind, 1980, ""Gift of the Masters of Time" is not a 'series' story per se. However, Juanita's Spock and Christine series, Crossroads, offers further insight into the Vulcan's character and interactions in a very real world." )
Reactions and Reviews
Consummation of the Spock/Chapel bonding. Okay read, but a bit predictable and bland in comparison to the first installment.
"A Grief Well Ended,"" by Juanita Salicrup is a continuation of the story that Juanita stated in' S:U #2's called Crossroads. Crossroads, it is explained in front of the zine, is series of stories about Spock & Christine, which makes, this story a bit easier to understand because it is only a vignette that basically covers the bonding of Spock 'and Chapel which is a kind of marriage between them. The actual ceremony, we are led to believe, will be in a later story. No plotting here, no real story, just a lot of character study and personal thoughts and emotions put down in words. It's not at all badly portrayed but it does lose out a little because it reads like a single chapter out of story which makes it feel slightly disjointed.
"A Grief Well Ended", by Jaunita Salicrup, art by Gerry, is a continuation of Juanita's "Crossroads" from SU 2, her Spock/Christine series. Well-done and enjoyable reading, Juanita offers one of fandom's most platable and likeable characterizations of the much-maligned Christine Chapel. 
"A Grief Well Ended" is Juanita Salicrup's second Crossroads story, a well-written piece that defines the essentials of the Spock/Christine relationship and not incidentally forces Spock to act on his resolves in the previous installment.
- "Scheduled [to be in this zine] was the long awaited 'Fire in the Mind,' of Juanita Salicrup's Christine and Spock [fourth chapter in the Crossroads begun in Stardate: Unknown] series. Unfortunately, according to the editorial, it is not in this volume and may never see print due to Juanita’s other commitments." -- from a review of The Farthest Star in Datazine #16
- from Dagger of the Mind's back page, listing that zine's "universes"
- from Karen Halliday's Zinedex
- from Spectrum #34
- from Delta Triad #4
- from Mahko Root #1