|Fandom:||Buffy the Vampire Slayer|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
I think the Willow grieving-and-moving-on story arc had to happen, but why Kennedy? I think Faith discovering that it's ok to have sex with someone more than once had to happen, but why Wood? Both minor characters are blatantly used as a means of making the main character progress, rather than showing an interaction between equally important characters. Plus, Willow & Faith have so much more in common, despite having never agreed on much. They fought with Buffy, then through jealousy or grief lost control of their power, and fought against her. They both crave her forgiveness and trust but, more importantly, they want to be able to trust themselves. Neither of them are evil, but they are rather unstable, and now, they know it. They do have a few unresolved issues stemming from S3, but so much has changed for both of them that dealing with their own issues is more important, and the people who help them to do so will be forever loved and protected. As far as I’m concerned, S7 sets up the perfect circumstances for the two of them to interact. They are both dealing with very similar problems, and living together in a house of people who aren’t. The fact that canon shows very little of that interaction is irritating, but not necessarily an obstacle to fanfiction.
- Mutual Redemption fic. The most canon of these are set during or after season 7, however there are some set earlier.
- Dark!fic. Sometimes set in the wishverse. Sometimes set in a world where the Mayor won, and Faith is his evil princess who is allowed slaves. Or, one of them tortures the other. Or, they both become evil together.
- After Buffy dies, Willow tells Faith, and helps her deal with being the main slayer.
- Conversations With Murderers by Loki
- Take a Number by Ms. Selly
- Something to Talk About by leonhart_17
- A Birthday in the Life by Dan Joslyn
- Two Wrongs by leavethesky
- The Dark Witch, the Rogue Slayer, and what they could become...; archive link by apatheia_jane for The Shipper's Manifesto (2004)
Archives & Fan Sites
- Faith/Willow works at Forever Faith.
- Faith/Willow works at The Mystic Muse
- Willow and Faith works at Fanfiction.net
- Faith/Willow works at Archive of Our Own.
- ship-manifesto: The Dark Witch, the Rogue Slayer, and what they could become...; archive link by apatheia_jane in ship_manifesto (December 24, 2004, accessed 19 June 2017)