Walk the Line
You may be looking for the Professionals vid, I Walk the Line.
|Title:||Walk the Line|
|Music:||"I Walk the Line" by Johnny Cash|
|Footage:||March of the Penguins|
|URL:||original vid announcement and streaming version online here|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
- "Awwwww." ~ audience reaction, Vividcon 2006
Walk the Line is a 3 minute fanvid filled with penguins waddling to Johnny Cash's Walk the Line.
The vid premiered at Vividcon 2006 where it was greeted with equal amounts of amusement and puzzlement as its topic and structure diverges from the typical vid show convention fare. The vid caused debate "over what was fannish source, what makes a vid a vid, etc." But as one attendee pointed out "I never saw [Abby] get upset or angry over the debate, but neither did she let it diminish her own satisfaction in a vid that still defies you to watch it and not be happy."
- "awwwwww. So cute. :D"
- "Awwww. Penguins. I admit it. I liked the fluffy adorableness. Wasn't even remotely paying attention to length or other critical things, hee."
- "Penguins. And Johnny Cash. It's cute, if nothing else."
- "The general consensus, with which I agree, was that this was adorable but also too long. It would have been more effective if it were shorter. Abby responded that she had made it as a cheer-herself-up vid after a lousy year; she wouldn't want it to be any shorter because she just wanted to enjoy the adorable-ness.".
- "I asked my friend who watched it last night what she thought - she loved it. Then I told her what you said to me after the VVC vidshow about the vid needing to be shorter: "Yes, I know it could've been shorter. But when you put one penguin in the timeline, you cannot stop with only a few." My friend nodded wisely and replied: "I have that problem with those stuffed penguins on sale at EBay all the time." <eg>"
- "Penguins! Walking the line! I can't even imagine what else I might need to say to get you to download this. Okay, wait, I can think of one thing you might want to know, because I really did, going in: no penguins are harmed during the course of this vid. ...Animal harm is my absolute deal-breaker. So, if you are like me: the parent penguins are fine! The fluffy baaaaaaaby penguins are fine! Everyone is fine! And they walk the line!"
- "Eeee! That is the adorablest thing ever! Also, my cats are endlessly fascinated by it."
- WebCite for the original vid announcement.
- Rumors have it that the vid prompted at least one attendee to wander the halls muttering: "WTF! Penguins!!!! That's not a vid!!!" but the source of the rumor has proven frustratingly elusive. However, one year later there were similar reactions to destina's space exploration vid To Touch the Face of God.
- astolat, Abby Memory Post, Dec 1, 2008.
- destina reviews the Vividcon 2006: Premieres show;WebCite.
- dualbunny offers multiple reviews in VVC 2006 Vid Comments;WebCite for VVC 2006 Vid Comments
- Settiai writes about Vividcon: Premieres;WebCite for Vividcon: Premieres
- thuviaptarth in Premieres/Vid Review: 2;WebCite for Premieres/Vid Review: 2
- Morgan Dawn in the original vid announcement.
- The One That Provides 11000% of Your RDA of Adorable. in 155: You Can Observe a Lot Just by Watching rec post by thefourthvine, dated Nov. 9, 2006; WebCite.
- marinarusalka in the original vid announcement.