|Synonyms:||HHJJ (Happy Happy, Joy Joy)|
|See also:||fluff, TAFF, Cuddlefic, schmoop|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
WAFF is an acronym for Warm and Fluffy Feelings, sometimes also Warm and Fuzzy Feelings. It's used in some parts of the fanfiction community to refer to stories which are intended to give the reader an emotionally nice, good feeling, often using romantic lines and sensitive tone.
Examples of Use
- "This is pure fluff, you guys. WAFF to the highest degree. Well, with a tiny bit of angst thrown in, but only a little because angst gets on my nerves. I'm usually not this WAFF-y, but somehow it just came out that way, so there it is."
- "If you want cuddlefic, this is the place to get it. The dearth of H/W in general makes a 'zine this large a rare and happy surprise. The WAFFish, sex-focused style is also different from what you will find in most online fic." 
- "I love Jeanine for her short, fluffy WAFFiness, which can take normal couples or, more often, completely UC couples, from almost any fandom and make them real and poignant." 
- "I'm still a hopeless romantic, and will always love those WAFFy stories.or at least the stories that have some great WAFF in them. :)" 
- Fic: Moonlight KKM MuraKen/Yuuri PG Waff by stormfugue, posted to Livejournal on October 27, 2006 (Accessed October 12, 2021).
- from a review for the Sherlock Holmes zine Friend of My Heart: Harpers Penny (originally publicly available, now excluded from the Wayback Machine)
- seanachais - fanfic links. (Accessed 21 April 2012)
- from Lois & Clark Nfic Archive Interview: Where Are They Now? -- Erin Klingler