The Library of Lost Souls
|Name:||The Library of Lost Souls|
Homicide: Life on the Street
|URL:||The Library of Lost Souls,|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Contents of the Site
The index page of The Library of Lost Souls divides the content of the site into four sections. The first relates to Intimations of Mortality, the tie-in novel that Susan based on one of her fan stories; the second relates to her fan fiction; the third to non-fiction written for Forever Knight fandom, and the last to the visit she made in 1998 to the set of Homicide: Life on the Street.
Intimations of Mortality
This section includes a link to information on Intimations of Mortality on her other site at Sff.net, plus a page of readers' comments on the book (formerly a Geobook page on Susan's original site).
This section includes:
- for The Secret Adventures of Jules Verne fandom:
- most of her Forever Knight fan fiction.
Forever Knight Fan Fiction
The main fan fiction section of the site was last updated 21 October 2004. All Susan's stories are listed on the main page, which has an alphabetical (by title) listing, from which most of the stories can be accessed on site. There are also separate pages:
- listing her fiction by date
- listing those stories that won awards (by award)
- listing special subtypes of fan fiction (round robin installments, War installments, episodes of the Forever Knight Virtual Fourth Season (V4S), party favours, poetry, ForKNI-L challenge fiction, and stories written for newsletters).
Susan's multi-ending story, "Ships in the Night", is in a separate subsection of the website with all seven of its different conclusions. This was written as a party favour in 1995, for Forever Knight fans who attended MediaWest*Con.
The website includes the following:
- "Auction Warning! or How NOT To Get Ripped Off!": How and where (and whether) to purchase Forever Knight videos, scripts, props, and other merchandise
- "Forever Knight Season 3 Production Notes":
pages 3 to 8 of the series bible for the third season of Forever Knight, dated May 8, 1995
- link to a collection of photographs taken at the Tucson Classics 1999 Charity Golf & Tennis Tournament, where there were a number of celebrity attendees, including Geraint Wyn Davies
- "All I Ever Needed To Know In Life I Learned from FORKNI-L"
GIF of what looks like a poster (?) containing a list of quotations from and aphorisms about the series and its fandom
Visit to the Homicide Set
In the section, "Homicide: Life on the Best Damn Set on Television: Set Visit - November 12, 1998", Susan provides a detailed description of her trip to Baltimore, from winning—in the Lights, Camera, Auction charity auction in Toronto—the opportunity to be an extra on Homicide: Life on the Street, through her experiences on the set and during a location shoot. There is also a rough sketch of the Homicide set, and a collection of photographs.