Someone over here suggested that this page be deleted and the information here moved into the main page. Are there more SGA fan films to add? If not, I second the motion.
On a related note, there is currently no Fan Film page; the one example here could be added to that page once it is created, along with Star Trek: New Voyages and others.--æthel 20:09, 25 February 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah I agree. The "rapidly growing" seems to have been an overly optimistic projection as far as SGA stuff goes. However a fan film page would be cool. That could also mention the LOTR prequel films, I watched Born of Hope a few days ago and that was quite awesome. --RatCreature 21:22, 25 February 2010 (UTC)
- That would also be a good place to mention Der Einsame der Zeit, the Perry Rhodan fan film that was filmed almost 40 years ago and has been in the making ever since. There are several new trailers and old news reports about it on youtube and I think there might be even some of the full sequences available. --Doro 22:13, 25 February 2010 (UTC)
- Now that I made the general fan film page as stub, maybe we could revisit the deletion issue? I'd love to see baby steps towards making the subpage jungle of the SGA page better, and this seems to be one of the least contentious steps? The half paragraph here could easily become a section somewhere, either on the main page or on the Stargate Atlantis/Vids page that currently links here, and I don't think there actually have been many more SGA films been created that this subpage would become necessary even if all were covered here. The help pages say only a gardener can put up a propose deletion template. I'd really like there to be put one here, so the deletion can be discussed and carried out.--RatCreature 21:32, 14 March 2010 (UTC)
- Do we have to delete? We could simply turn this into a redirect to Fan Film which would make it disappear from the subpage list and we wouldn't need a gardener for this. I agree with everything else you say. This page here is not needed and the content should go somewhere else. --Doro 22:34, 14 March 2010 (UTC)
- I guess. I just wasn't sure about circumventing procedure. For all I know someone could be really invested in the existance of an SGA fanfilm page (admittedly not that likely) and would like the chance to present the case for this. But I suppose since it can be rearranged in other ways later on anyway and no actual content would be removed, we might as well just redirect like you suggest. Or we could make a section for fanfilms on the SGA Vid subpage, because they are related genres and both would be SGA stuff, and redirect there instead of redirecting to fanfilm in general.--RatCreature 23:24, 14 March 2010 (UTC)