Sunshine Symposium Episode 1: The Roast of Sarutobi Hiruzen
|First Episode · Episode #1 · Last Episode|
|Episode Title:||The Roast of Sarutobi Hiruzen|
|Length:||2 hours, 7 minutes|
|Date:||February 10th, 2019|
|Focus:||Sarutobi Hiruzen, Sarutobi Asuma, Sarutobi Biwako, worldbuilding|
|Fandom:||Naruto, Dreaming of Sunshine|
|External Links:||on Anchor|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
The character corner for this episode was about Sarutobi Biwako, Hiruzen's wife.
- The Badass Sarutobi Fics Community
- Sandaime / The Professor by notes
- Family's Just Another Word For Something Left To Lose by Chrononautical
- Hiruzen as a Hokage in comparison to Hashirama, Tobirama, Minato, and Tsunade
- The Sarutobi clan and Hiruzen's family, including Sarutobi Biwako, Sarutobi Asuma, Sarutobi Konohamaru, and Konohamaru's unnamed Sarutobi parent
- The Will of Fire
- Shimura Danzou
- The Sannin and Hiruzen's failure to pass on his legacy
- Nara Shikako as compared to Orochimaru and Danzou, and how that's helped people understand Hiruzen's characterization.
This was really cool, great roast everyone! I’m really looking forward to more.
I haven’t listened to the entire thing yet (because it’s like two hours long) but I’ve listened to the first 12 minutes and it’s very enjoyable so far! If you would like to listen to a podcast of people talking about all the ways that Hiruzen is a) bad or b) badly written, have a listen!
Now, I think prior to Boruto, a lot of people extrapolated from this that the Sarutobi were in a teaching/leading relationship to the InoShikaCho trio, because of that word “authoritative”; also I’m not sure how scanslations handled these panels.
Why did Kishimoto bring the Sarutobi into this at all? What the hell does he intend here, if the Sarutobi aren’t actually teachers of InoShikaCho?
Look forward to Bort making Konohamaru, who hasn’t interacted with Bort’s InoShikaCho at all, suddenly get shoehorned into some plot with them in order to make him giving them the earrings mean something.