|Name:||Shinsou Hitoshii, Hitoshi Shinsō|
|Occupation:||U.A. High School|
|Fandom:||Boku no Hero Academia|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Due to having his Quirk perceived as evil and befitting a Villain, throughout his whole life Hitoshi has been somewhat feared by those who are aware of his power, and has been discriminated against solely because of the Quirk he was born with. Hitoshi desires to become a Hero and disprove those that doubt his heroic intentions.
Shinsou applied to U.A. High School but was unable to make it into the Hero course due to the entrance exam's focus on physical abilities. Shinsou is in General Ed class 1C - it is noted that it is possible for General Ed students to move to the hero course if they excel.
Shinsou's first significant appearances were in the UA Sports Festival arc. Shinsou later begins training with Aizawa Shouta, and uses a capture weapon similar to Aizawa's, and make repeated appearances. It was later announced that Shinsou would be joining the Hero Course in his second year at U.A.
His Quirk is Brainwashing (洗脳 Sennō), which allows him to mentally control people who verbally respond to him and, as a result, they will be forced to do whatever he wants. However, this Quirk will not activate if he does not will the brainwashing on the responder.
Shinsou, is an Ensemble Dark Horse in English-language fandom, where he remains fairly popular. Despite only appearing during two small sections of two arcs in the manga, he is popular for his sympathetic character arc.
He is popular in the Japanese fandom as well. In the First Popularity Poll, Shinsou ranked 12th, ranked 14th in the Second Popularity Poll, and ranked 10th in the Third Popularity Poll - currently making him the most popular student outside of Class 1-A.
It's fairly common for the character Mineta Minoru to be written out of fics as many fans dislike him for canon's treatment of his sexual harassment towards women as a joke – see Mineta Hate His place in 1A is often taken by Shinsou Hitoshi. Both characters have purple color schemes.
While canon gives no insight into Shinsou's home life, he is commonly depicted as a foster child, or as the adopted child of Aizawa Shouta.
- Midoriya Izuku/Shinsou, aka Shindeku
- Kaminari Denki/Shinsou, aka Shinkami
- Monoma Neito/Shinsou, aka Monoshin
- Aizawa Shouta | Eraserhead & Shinsou: a popular platonic relationship in which Aizawa is imagined as a mentor to Shinsou. The concept has appeared in canon and became popular with fans due to the characters' similar attitudes and/or appearances. Both are fond of cats and use the same type of Capturing Weapon when they fight. Parallels are drawn between Aizawa & Shinsou and All Might & Midoriya.
- I Would Understand, Archived version by deafmic: Shinsou Hitoshi had a bit of a problem, and that problem was that he’d gotten attached to Aizawa Shouta. And somewhere along the line had started seeing him as a parental figure, a replacement for all the foster home parents who’d passed him along and never quite done their job.
- Late Night Comedy Hour, Archived version by Domoz -- Aizawa meets Shinsou as a neglected elementary schooler and tries to look out for the kid
- Ghosts of mine, Archived version by atomicmuffin -- "Shinsou inherits One of All and the ghosts that come with it. An AU where the second fight between Sensei and All Might happened before Midoriya and Yagi met. Shinsou-centric. Shinsou Hitoshi & Yagi Toshinori, Shinsou Hitoshi & Shimura Nana."
- Paper Agency, Archived version by The Feels Whale (miscellea) -- Shindeku AU in which pro hero Shinsou graduates UA and begins his career and adult life with apparently quirkless civilian boyfriend Midoriya.
- Secondary Colors, Archived version by NaoNazo -- AU in which Shinsou, adopted by Mic & Aizawa, befriends Midoriya in middle school
- AllMightAllTheTime said at 12:13pm:, Archived version by Reavv -- in which Shinsou and Midoriya are friends and run a youtube channel about heroics.
- Fundamental Theorem of Heroics, Archived version by NightowlRobin -- vigilante Shinsou AU
- Cats, Archived version by xan-ren
- Growing Up, Archived version by loweater
- Rainy Days by loweater
- Bakery Trip by loweater
- No Intention of Making Friends by Lludoart
- Coffee Flavored Aizawa by siriusserenade
- It's What He Deserves, Archived version by cherriielle
- Walking His Cat, Archived version by miiroren