Saga of the Pliocene Exile & the Galactic Milieu
|Name:||Pliocene Saga, Galactic Exiles|
|Country of Origin:||United States|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The Saga of the Pliocene Exile ("Pliocene Saga", "Saga of Pliocene Exile", or the Saga of the Exiles) is a series of science / speculative fiction / fantasy books by Julian May, first published in the early 1980's. It consists of a four-book series: 'The Many Coloured Land', 'The Golden Torc', 'The Non-Born King' and 'The Adversary'. There is also a guide to the series called 'The Pliocene Companion'.
Main Trope: Rag-tag Band of Misfits Save the World
The series is followed by the book 'Intervention', which is a bridge between the Saga of the Exiles and the Galactic Milieu trilogy. Said trilogy consists of 'Jack the Bodiless', 'Diamond Mask' and 'Magnificat'. Both series were reprinted in 2014, although 'The Pliocene Companion' was not replaced with an updated version after the publication of the Galactic Milieu trilogy. 'The Many Coloured Land' was the only book made available on audio.
- torcs_and_timegates community at Dreamwidth
- Julian May Fan Club at Facebook
- r/JulianMay/ at Reddit
- #julianmay at Instagram
- #sagaoftheexiles at Instagram
- Metapsychic-Unity group at Deviantart
-  'Pliocene Epoch' fan art page at Tumblr
-  Essay on Minannon the Proud
- Aiken Versus Nodonn by Volcannah
- Felice Landry by ClevelandH
- Epone test (Lady Epone of the Tanu) by AmethystSadachbia
- Somebody that I Used to Know by jedi_penguin — Alone among the Lylmik, Atoning Unifex remembers how brothers can be.
- The Price by KattheCat — After the Metapsychic Rebellion, all operant humans had to pay a price. Today it's the turn of Elizabeth Orme.
- That Good Night by lesyeuxverts — He has mused, often, on justice in all its forms, balanced scales, ancient myths. He has, quite simply, done what he could to redress his own wrongs.
- Saga of Rereading Epics (6 episodes, 2020–2021) — In this read-along book club podcast, Erika Ensign and Lisa Schmeiser reread, reconsider, and “re-feel” epic novels they both loved in their youth — Julian May’s Saga of Pliocene Exile and Galactic Milieu series.
- Pod Culture [Oz], Episode 2: Omega Point, sensates and space cannibals (October 2020) — In Ep 2 of Pod Culture [Oz] we explore Omega Point theory, which looks at humanity's evolution of mental powers. It's used in genre fiction including TV show #Sense8, #JulianMay's Saga of the Exiles, & #Evangelion. We talk Space Catholics, cannibals & #metaconcerts.