|Date(s):||April 2005 -|
|Fandom:||Stargate Atlantis, SGA RPF, and crossovers with SGA only|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
SGA Storyfinders (tagline: We Bring The Crack To You!) is a Livejournal community founded in 2005 for the finding of specific, existing Stargate Atlantis stories. (Requests for all stories by an author, various stories of a type or genre, or stories of which readers aren't sure they exist but would like to know if they do aren't allowed ; users with such requests are referred over to SGA Genrefinders.) The mods will delete posts that are off-topic or do not comply with comm rules and members also often politely self-police such posts to keep the comm on-topic.
Members of the comm -- and perhaps the SGA fandom in general -- take storyfinding relatively seriously; comm members will often spend considerable time trying to track down a lost story to help a fellow fan. Danceswithgary, who wrote a post explaining how she does it, is regularly called out as one of the exceptionally effective and fast finders at the comm.
Multiple fans have noted that the comm serves as a source of entertainment for them. They may frequent the comm not primarily to help find stories nor because they plan on requesting stories there, but because the requests themselves are entertaining and the answers offer them new stories to read, or remind them of old favorites to reread.
- admin: welcome to sgastoryfinders post by sinden, 10 April 2005.
- "Looking for a story you can't find or don't remember the title of? Google failing? Got a case of the 'there was this story, with the puddlejumper and there was blood and Ancients and what the hell was it called?' Well, this is the place to come ask and all genres and pairings (slash/het/gen/rps) are welcome. I can't guarantee that we'll be able to answer it, but surely there has to be someone who can point you in the right direction. However, this is a place to ask when you're looking for a specific story, not for pairing and/or genre recs." at the comm rules (Accessed 11 April 2011)
- Found and Searching, meta poems by linabean based on requests at SGA storyfinders, 28 December 2008.
- Searching for SGA stories? Some tips. by mapsandlegends
- "Were you looking for that story where?" post by skaredykat -- which may, since being posted, have led to a noticeable decline in comm requests for what would have turned out to be "War Bride" by Speranza.
- my life in SGA-storyfinders: a confession by toft, 8 August 2010. (Accessed 11 April 2011)
- OMG! Oh Noes! at Fandom Wank, 11 August 2010. (Accessed 11 April 2011)
- an apology and explanation by toft, 12 August 2010. (Accessed 11 April 2011)
- How does she find stories so fast? by danceswithgary at her LJ, 13 October 2009. (Accessed 11 April 2011)
- For example, untitled post by general jinjur, 28 December 2008. (Accessed 11 April 2011)