Rivers and Roads
|Title:||Rivers and Roads|
|Author(s):||angelica (Heather F.C)|
|Date(s):||February 13, 2014 - present|
|Length:||55,152 words (26 chapters so far)|
|External Links:||at AO3, at FFN|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
Oliver Queen returned back to Starling City after being stranded on an island for five years. Felicity Smoak was recommended to the Queen family as his psychiatrist. Nothing would ever be the same again.
Main Characters List:
There are appearances by various other Arrow Characters.
- "I've had this idea for an AU for a while where Felicity became Oliver's psychiatrist when he first returned from the island. This is largely AU, borrowing from plotlines of the show. I haven't written a long fic in a while so this will take a while.
- Title from 'Rivers and Roads' by The Head and The Heart."
To listen to the playlist that inspires the author: 'till i reach you.
Reception & Comments
"Yup. Yeah. Uh huh. I like this. I'm really interested to see where you will go with this. It is definitely original and who doesn't love a good doctor/patient love affair?"
"This fic deserves so much more love than it gets! I mean you can totally see how much thought you put into each and every chapter... It's nice to see how you you're developing Oliver and Felicity's relationship, that she's slowly becoming someone he can trust and vice versa. I'm sure Oliver is sort of confused with how he feels about Felicity at the moment, but hopefully that'll get cleared up soon! I'm really loving this so far!"
"I'm really enjoying this story, the way the characters are written and how he trusts her more and more with time. Also, awesome playlist! Not only sets the mood to read wonderfully but it has wonderful lyrics too. Looking forward to whats to come in this story :) Thanks for sharing!"
"it's really strange reading a fic where felicity isn't a tech genius but I really like this fic I like the relationship between Oliver and felicity and the things you've changed and yeah I just really like it"
"I just spent the last two hours reading this in its entirety, and am so glad I did! This is a fresh AU take on this relationship and world, and I am so very intrigued by it. You write dialogue so naturally and I really appreciate that. So excited to see where this leads! Thank you for sharing with us."
- theirhappystory. AO3. Posted 14 Feb 2014. (Accessed February 19, 2015)
- ohloki (confringoepilogue). AO3. Posted 08 Apr 2014. (Accessed February 19, 2015)
- Mariss95. AO3. Posted 10 Aug 2014. (Accessed February 19, 2015)
- Jem_Crystairs. AO3. Posted 12 Nov 2014. (Accessed February 19, 2015)
- vzhi. AO3. Posted 16 Jan 2015. (Accessed February 19, 2015)