Hakurei Jinja Reitaisai
|Number of Booths:||5000|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Hakurei Jinja Reitaisai (博麗神社例大祭), usually abbreviated to Reitaisai, is a doujinshi convention that focuses exclusively on fanworks based on the doujin game Touhou Project. The convention was held yearly from 2004 to 2010, when a second event called Reitaisai SP was added to the line-up. Sale of fanworks by doujinshi circles and cosplay are the mainstays of Reitaisai, but the convention welcomes company booths as well.
Reitaisai is not only the largest Touhou Project convention, but also the single largest Japanese "only event", meaning a doujinshi convention for one single fandom. About 5000 circles take part in every edition. After going through a string of successively larger venues throughout its history, the convention moved to the Tokyo Big Sight convention center (also home to several other massive doujinshi conventions like Comiket and COMITIA).
- Wikipedia contributors. 2012. “Touhou Project.” Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touhou_Project.
- Reitaisai official site. “Overview of Participating Companies (参加企業一覧).” http://reitaisai.com/corp.html.
- Sankaku Complex. “Touhou Takeover” http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/08/02/touhou-takeover/. <- Caveat: this source has some interesting statistics about the growth of Reitaisai and of the number of Touhou Project circles at Comiket, but uses quite a bit of hyperbole in claiming that Reitaisai is on the same scale as Comiket and/or taking over Comiket.
- Reitaisai official site. “Important Information About Registering (募集要項).” http://reitaisai.com/guideline.html.
- Reitaisai official site. “Basic Information (開催概要).” http://reitaisai.com/about.html.
- Reitaisai] on Touhouwiki