Peter Parker/Mary Jane Watson
|Pairing:||Peter Parker/Mary Jane Watson|
|Alternative name(s):||Peter/MJ, PeterMJ|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Spider-Man Trilogy/Sam Raimi Movies
Peter/MJ is the second largest pairing in within the fandom, and they are one of the more commonly reference superhero relationship in media. Their upside down kiss was often repeated (and not just with Peter/MJ works) in fanart, fanfiction, and also appears in other media (example: Summer/Seth from The OC - the video).
The Spectacular Spider-Man
Ultimate Spider-Man (TV series)
The Amazing Spider-Man & Marvel Cinematic Universe
Due to the series' decision to go with Gwen Stacy as Peter Parker's love interest, Peter/MJ is not canon in The Amazing Spider-Man films and although Mary Jane (portrayed by Shailene Woodley) was set to appear in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, the scenes were not used. Speculation abounded as to whether MJ would appear in TASM 3, and who might play her, before the announcement of a licensing deal to allow Spider-Man to appear in the wider Marvel Cinematic Universe put paid to the notion of another film.
As with TASM, the MCU Spider-Man went in another direction for Peter's love interest instead of Mary Jane, this time going with Liz Allan as the main love interest. However, another character called Michelle Jones, played by Zendaya, was featured in the film, and rumours abounded that Michelle would be an updated version of Mary Jane Watson.
However, despite Michelle revealing in Homecoming that her nickname is indeed MJ, producers Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal stated that Michelle was intended as "more of a fun homage" to Mary Jane than as a reimagining of the character.
- Memories and Revelations by betty brant. An MJ POV story of the last act of the movie. A resourceful MJ struggles to solve the mystery of Peter Parker, helped by a few intriguing memories and various exciting events. (Post SM2)
- Caught in the Act of Love by Courtney Belle. Movieverse. Five months after Doc Ock's demise and Peter and MJ are still going strong. A simple fluffy look at a typical meeting between the two. (Post SM2)
- Human by Faelai. She was the only one allowed beneath the thin red skin that was his armor. MovieVerse, PeterMJ. Vignette.
- Fear of Falling by jjonahjameson. Fluffy romantic one-shot. PeterMJ movieverse.
- Apologize by raliaddict
- A Thousand Years by 003superpippo93
- Pretty Girl by Pikachu
- "You don't know what you feel." by SilverBloodStream
Archives & Fannish Links
- Peter/Mary Jane works at AO3
- Mary Jane & Peter works at FFN (Spider-Man Comics/Movies)
- Mary Jane & Peter works at FFN (USM cartoon)
- Mary Jane & Peter works at FFN (SSM cartoon)
- _heytiger, the LiveJournal community
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Why Mary Jane Watson was "Edited Out" of The Amazing Spider Man 2,
- The Amazing Spider-Man 3: Is THIS Mary Jane Watson?, Movie Pilot, published August 26, 2014 (Accessed July 24, 2017).
- Marvel producers reveal the truth about Zendaya’s name in ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’, The Daily Dot, published 10 July 2017 (Accessed 22 July 2017).