|Name:||Perrie Louise Edwards|
|Also Known As:||Pez, Pezza|
|Occupation:||Musician (member of Little Mix)|
|Works:||Little Mix discography|
|Official Website(s):||shared band Twitter account|
|On Fanlore:||Related pages|
Perrie Edwards is an English singer in the girl-band Little Mix. She features in a number of fanworks.
See the Little Mix Wiki for details.
Fandom Presence and Ships
- The Zerrie (Zayn/Perrie) ship utterly overwhelms other LM ships with 1527 works posted on AO3 as of April 30, 2015. The ship can appear as endgame, but is often a background ship in stories focusing on other One Direction ships. It can also be broken up, cheated on or made into an open or poly relationship to facilitate shipping Zayn with another male (usually one of his bandmates).
- The next most popular ship is Perrie/Jade which only boasted 66 works at the same date.
Fan Attitudes and Controversies
Perrie has been the target of a lot of criticism, some gratuitous, some deserved.
Jealousy and Hate
Like many women in relationships with popular men, Perrie has been the target of fan jealousy and hate. She has been derided as not good/pretty enough for Zayn, a gold-digger, and blamed for Zayn's departure from One Direction.
Other fans tend to point out and condemn this behaviour.
"Zerrie Is Fake"
A number of fans are convinced that the relationship was fake, designed for PR purposes to leverage One Direction's success to promote Little Mix.
Perrie and Zayn - A Ziam Masterpost [...]
So naturally, something had to be done to prove Zayn was straight as a fucking arrow, and in late April/May 2012 the Zerrie “relationship” went official.
April 27, 2012 (X) the Zerrie show opens with a couple of tweets between Perrie and Zayn. Is it just me or does everyone else just feel awkward on Zayn’s behalf?
May 23, 2012 brought us the HQ pics of Zayn and Perrie on a scooter outside his house while he waited to be picked up by the boys who were leaving on the North American leg of the UAN tour (X) And again I cringe. I mean that quite literally. Zayn just looks so awkward with her
Not all criticism of Perrie can be dismissed as hating. Perrie can be considered as the worst offender in Little Mix in terms of cultural appropriation (she has been pictured wearing a Native American headdress, bindis etc.) and has made thoughtless, problematic remarks to defend herself from haters.
- Perrie Edwards Blasted By One Direction Fans After Zayn Malik Quits, hollywoodlife.com, March 25, 2015
- http://ohstarlings.tumblr.com/post/107454653821/champzagne-zerrienotreal-zayn-every-time champzagne responds to an anti-Perrie post by zerrienotreal: when you make nasty misogynistic posts like this you discredit the work of not only perrie but the three other incredibly talented and hard working women who are a part of little mix i pray you all learn tearing down the achievements of women because of who they date will only come back to bite you in the ass when your own achievements are discredited by sexist jerks
- "Zerrie is fake" Tumblr tag
- Perrie and Zayn - A Ziam Masterpost by zappowziamfeelsbomb, posted March 19, 2013.
- Perrie Edwards Slammed Online for Native American Headdress, posted April 23, 2014 on teen.com
- Perrie Edwards thinks people who are slating her on the net are massively overweight with hairy pits, ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com, October 20, 2013.