|Pairing:||Percy Weasley/Hermione Granger|
|Alternative name(s):||HMS Books and Quills|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The books imply that Hermione and Percy got along well while Percy was at Hogwarts. Percy was a prefect during Hermione's first year, and later Head Boy, which Hermione would have presumably admired (aspiring to those roles herself). Both Percy and Hermione were sorted into Gryffindor, achieved excellent grades, and valued hard work at their studies. After her sorting into Gryffindor, Hermione discussed her excitement to learn Transfiguration and magic in general with Percy. The first signs of disagreement between the two occurred after Percy made disparaging comments about the house elf Winky at the Quidditch World Cup. Later in the series, Percy distanced himself from his family and sided with the Ministry while Hermione sided with Harry, the Weasleys, and the rest of the Order of the Phoenix against the Ministry.
In fandom, Hermione and Percy are paired together due to their shared love of books, strong work ethic, and determination to succeed. Some fans who do not believe Ron is a suitable long-term match for Hermione see Percy as a more logical love interest for Hermione.
- Close Quarters by inell, Hermione goes looking for one thing, and finds something else altogether.
- The Library Ladder by where_is_truth, After a mishap with magic leads to an intimate encounter between coworkers Hermione Granger and Percy Weasley, Percy has a difficult time keeping his mind on his work.
- Still Waters Run Deep by idea_of_sarcasm, She didn’t know what would happen if he unbent for once, but she’d like to find out.
- Hermione/Percy tag at Books_Freckles LJ Community
- HMS Books & Quills (Percy/Hermione) official ship thread
- Percy/Hermione tag on AO3