|Type:||Livejournal, Community, Meta, Open Membership, Unmoderated|
|URL:||overheardfandom on LJ|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
In 2008, during an injournal discussion in Seperis's livejournal, the following exchange occurred:
Seperis:"Someone make me a community of fannish metaquotes. Please? I don't want to do it myself, but I would totally be supportive, in that way I will occasionally say I SUPPORT YOU! I would also like to have god like moderator powers and no actual responsibility and tribute. And a pony.
Yeah. One day. It'll totally happen."
Slodwick:"I would totally be down for a fannish metaquotes!"
And so Overheardfandom was born.
- In case you missed the name, all quotes should be about fandom. It doesn't matter what fandom it is -- bandslash is as good as Gossip Girl is as good as Stargate. But posts about someone's cat or homework assignment, while undoubtedly entertaining, are not allowed here.
- Quotes must originate on LiveJournal. No IM conversations, no famous quotations, no overheard RL conversations. LiveJournal clones (e.g. JournalFen or InsaneJournal) are acceptable, however.
- Quotes must be original to the quotee. When in doubt, use Google.
- You must credit quotes by linking the LJ post or comment where you found the quote, as well as the username of the quotee.
- When quoting from a locked/private entry, you must ask for & receive permission first. Indicate that you got permission by adding "QWP" to your post. Quoting locked posts without permission is a bannable offense.
- Don't spam the community -- use one post for multiple quotes.
- LJ-Cut is your friend; use it for spoilers, highly offensive quotes, or excessively long entries (no one should be forced to scroll). Profanity doesn't necessarily need to be cut -- read at your own risk.
- Don't quote yourself. We're cooler than that.
- Should your quote require some set-up, please be sensible. If the explanation is three times longer than the quote, it probably doesn't belong here.
- Common sense and courtesy are expected of everyone. We're adults, play nice, don't be a dick, etc..