|Date:||11 January 2011|
|Music:||One Week by Barenaked Ladies|
|URL:||One Week (LJ)|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
Summary: How can I help it if I think you're funny when you're mad?Vidder's notes:
collapses* Man, I knew going in that this would be a fast-paced champion of fast-paced songs, but I don't think I was quite prepared for the randomness of the lyrics. Apparently it's mostly done from a one take improv session? So the lyrics' coherency is all over the place. I think that what one needs to take from this vid is that not only does Steve look good without a shirt, but he also makes the best faces, mostly at Danny. ♥
Recs and Reviews
THIS VID, OMG. If you need a boost after today, THIS WILL BRING IT. I laughed out loud in several spots, and had a stupid grin plastered to my face throughout. :)
Oh my god, this is SO ADORABLE. And you matched up their ridiculous faces to the lyrics SO perfectly—I am so filled with glee!! \o/ ♥
I love this song and I'm so happy to see it applied to Steve/Danny! It is perfect for them. I was grinning like an idiot the whole time. :D
That is one fun vid. And considering that Steve is supposed to be stoic ninja SEAL guy, he makes a whole lot of entirely ridiculous faces. Thanks for showcasing that.
I have so much love for you right now. And for what it's worth, the sync was fine coming off Vimeo. (Was the wood block really that loud in the original track?)
Smoking Wo Fat and Samurai Kono made me laugh and laugh and laugh. *g* So fun and so very cute!
AHAHAHAHA YESSSS! Can this song be any more perfect?? Aquaman! Steve has a history of losing his shirt! Danny throws his arms in the air and says you're crazy! My face was in a permanent grin by the end. So much fun!! Also, Steve has the most hilarious faces. Great job! :D
I boogied in my chair like a fool! Yes, this IS the perfect song for them -- I was just waiting for it to show up! I keep expecting the first "It's been -- " to have a clip from their Meet Cute. Did it not fit in some way?I probably didn't include it because it's a very overvidded clip, though I'm sure most clips have been used more or less in other vids due to the limited amount of eps so far and the popularity of the pairing.
That was an awesome video!! Thanks for sharing. You chose very appropriate moments - and a super appropriate song - and really highlighted the Steve/Danno dynamic. Loved.It.
This song is the perfect backdrop to all of Steve and Danny's arguments. Just look at the lyrics:
And, well, we know who has a history of taking off his shirt. ♥ This is hilarious, and the clips she chose are perfect for the lyrics. It was made about halfway through season one, so there are lots of vintage Steve/Danny carguments in here. One of my favorite H50 vids!
- How can I help it if I think you're funny when you're mad?
- Trying hard not to smile though I feel bad...
- ...I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve
- I have a history of taking off my shirt
- lamardeuse. \o/, 11 January 2011. (Accessed 09 June 2016)
- dogeared. Comment, 11 January 2011. (Accessed 09 June 2016)
- tailoredshirt. Comment, 11 January 2011. (Accessed 09 June 2016)
- rike_tikki_tavi. Comment, 12 January 2011. (Accessed 09 June 2016)
- samjohnsson. Comment, 11 January 2011. (Accessed 09 June 2016)
- ealgylden. Comment, 12 January 2011. (Accessed 09 June 2016)
- sol_se. Comment, 12 January 2011. (Accessed 09 June 2016)
- mecurtin | nel_ani. Comment, 12 January 2011. (Accessed 09 June 2016)
- trulybloom. Comment, 13 January 2011. (Accessed 09 June 2016)
- tailoredshirt in: crack_van. VID REC: One Week by nel-ani, 28 October 2011. (Accessed 10 June 2016)