|Date(s):||24 March 2009|
|External Links:||Obeisance (AO3)|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
Summary: It's not that Arthur won't share his toys, just that he expects to get them back undamaged.
merlin_finders summary: "Merlin is ordered to wait on some visiting nobleman, while Arthur is away (I can't remember where he is). This nobleman, however, dislikes Merlins attitude and decides to teach him a lesson, resulting in a lot of pain for Merlin - I remember that especially his knees get hurt and though Merlin tries to hide all this from Arthur, he - naturally - figures it out and lets Merlin soak in his bathtub to clean the wounds."
Recs and Reviews
- "I love this protective Arthur, and Merlin trying (abysmally) to pretend it isn't a big deal. There's a lovely back-and-forth here with the characters -- the good-natured humour mixed in between the serious moments was a pleasure! The token-kiss was just perfect too; you seem to hit just the right balance of Arthur's denial."
- "So many wonderful scenes. I especially liked the scene where Arthur challenged Sprowston, and his slight manipulation of Uther. I loved all the little touches about propriety and honour, and chivalry, and the ending was incredibly satisfying."
- "This could have been a wonderful read in its own right with just the hurt/comfort aspect of Merlin's wounds, but the exchange of tokens added that little extra something to really warm the cockles of a reader's heart!! I can't tell you how delightful it was reading a wonderfully done possessive!Arthur in his perspective! I especially loved how you characterized the two here: yes Merlin is Arthur's manservant and Arthur fought for his honor to protect what was his, but Merlin was not just a damsel in distress. Adding that bit of uncertainly on Arthur's part about their relationship and having Merlin give just as good as he got was AAAHHHHH~ XD"
- gomenace in merlin_finders. Specific Fic and General rec search, 26 December 2010. (Accessed 26 December 2010)
- i_claudia. Comment, 25 March 2009. (Accessed 26 December 2010)
- lip_stick_love. Comment, 25 March 2009. (Accessed 26 December 2010)
- Yehram. Comment, 06 November 2010. (Accessed 26 December 2010)