|Alias(es):||Mr. E Sundance, Mr. E, Marz|
|Type:||fic writer, vidder, vid critic, VJ, fanmixer|
|Fandoms:||Figure Skating RPF, Hannibal (TV Series), Sherlock (BBC), Supernatural, Legend of the Seeker, vidding, The Libertines RPF|
|Communities:||Murder Husbands Network|
|Other:||Tumblr and Twitter|
|URL:||Archive of Our Own Page|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
MreSundance is a multifandom fic writer and vidder. He has been part of fandom since 2002.
As a writer, he tends to focus on slice-of-life, quieter pieces which explore the emotional landscapes of the characters.
His distinctive vidding style often combines more traditional fandom source with other documents, such as illustrations, pictures, excerpts from poetry, short stories, and fanfiction in order to create a "metanarrative". Both Whole New Way and I Just Had Sex illustrate this.
- Twinkyempath Anthology (Hannibal (TV Series)). AU, Hannibal/Will; a nonlinear character exploration of Will Graham, an overly forthright cock-hungry twink.
- Crossing the Threshold (Hannibal (TV Series)), fics in which scenes or parts of the series are written from the perspective of an FTM Will Graham.
- Unusual Symmetry (Sherlock BBC, asexual!Sherlock/John)
- Luminosity (Sherlock BBC, demisexual!Sherlock/John)
- The Grace Stories (Sherlock BBC, Sherlock/John)
- Drowning Me Sorrows Series (The Libertines RPS)
- Associate Benefits Series (The Libertines RPS AU)
- Shake It Out (The New World)
- I Just Had Sex (Thor, Marvel Comics, Mythology)
- Whole New Way (Sherlock BBC, Sherlock Holmes (2009), Sherlock Holmes, Fanworks)
Mresundance has been in fandom since 2002, when he was a member of the The Lord of the Rings and Lord of the Rings RPS fandoms, notably through the livejournal community Rugbytackle. He also ran a short-lived LOTR fansite and newsletter called "Hobbit Attack", which is now defunct.
He primarily lurked in fandom until 2006, when he began writing fanfiction for the film Alexander and became heavily involved in The Libertines RPS fandom. He wrote several fanfiction stories for Libertines RPS, including Associate Benefits (a Libertines AU where Pete and Carl work retail), and Drowning Me Sorrows.
In 2010 he became involved in the Sherlock BBC fandom, producing fanfiction and a few vids. His multisource vid, Whole New Way debuted his distinctive metanarrative style by combining source from Sherlock BBC, the Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes film (Sherlock Holmes (2009)), illustrations by Sydney Paget, an excerpt from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's "The Adventure of the Three Garridebs", fanart and an excerpt from Autopsis by spikeface. The overall effect created a clever, upbeat commentary on the Sherlock Holmes stories and fan involvement in the stories from 1887 until the present.
Since 2013, he has been part of Hannibal (TV Series) fandom, and has made both vids and written fanfiction, including the RP/fanfiction blog, Twinkyempath. In twinkyempath, Will is characterized as an "overly forthright, cock-hungry twink".  Users can ask Will questions about his rather active sex life, and his ongoing relationship with Hannibal Lecter. The blog, like Will, is rather rambunctious in nature and structure, and uses an episodic style to expose the many "truths" Will Graham hides not only from readers, but his lovers, and himself.
In 2018, after two years of being a "low key" fan of figure skating, he officially joined the Figure Skating RPF fandom and began writing for said fandom.