Mind Games (War of the Worlds zine)
You may be looking for the Star Trek: TOS zine Mindgames.
|Publisher:||Neon Rainbow Press|
|Fandom:||War of the Worlds|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Mind Games is a gen 141-page War of the Worlds novel by Gillian Holt. It was a 1996 FanQ winner. Includes three previously published stories from multi-media zines (heavily edited) and new material. Art work by Priscilla Tweed.
From Media Monitor: "The aliens are going after psychics and only the Blackwood Project stands in their way."
- Part I: Mysteries – The Blackwood Project is tracking alien activity, but not having much luck trying to decipher what the invaders' next move will be. Meanwhile, Debi prepares for and attends her middle school prom, much to the enjoyment of everyone except the colonel.
- Part II: Compliments of the Nighthawk – Harrison is indulging in a new passion, listening to the Nighthawk's talk show, when he hears a young man say he's been taken over by an alien. After talking to the boy, Harrison risks everything to meet Kevin alone. When Kevin loses control, Harrison is injured, and Ironhorse has to track him down. (reprinted from Remote Control #2; also in Black Ops #10)
- Part III: An Exercise of Mind – Once Harrison is back home, the Project turns its attention to finding an explanation for Kevin's resistance. Norton finds Cedar Chen Ridge, a lady psychic, who has an answer and some suggestions for the team as well. (reprinted from Our Favorite Things #8)
- Part IV: Sorcerer's Apprentice – Following the leads from Kevin and Cedar, the Project travels to northern Arizona to stop the aliens from unearthing another warship. But when an alien takes over the body of an old native shaman, all bets are off. (reprinted from Anything Goes #1)
- Part V: On Campus Maneuvers – The Blackwood Project travels from northern Arizona to Tucson to retrieve the song box, running into the old shaman again. When Ironhorse falls into a kind of coma, Cedar sends Norton into the astral to bring the colonel back.