Lupin Big Bang
|Name:||Lupin Big Bang|
|Date(s):||2009 - 2010|
|Type:||Big Bang challenge|
|Associated Community:||lupinbigbang on LiveJournal|
fic archive on LiveJournal
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Lupin Big Bang was a 2010 Big Bang challenge dedicated to the Harry Potter character Remus Lupin. As described by the community's profile, "the goal is to produce long, complete fics, with accompanying artwork, to be posted in time for Lupin's 50th birthday on March 10th, 2010."
The challenge allowed fanworks of all pairings, genres, and ratings, provided that "the focus of [the] story must be Remus Lupin [... and] Lupin must be a big enough part that the story could not exist without him." Warnings and pairings were required to be labeled, and underage sexual situations were prohibited.
The minimum length requirement was 20,000 words. Artists were encouraged to expend a comparable amount of effort, so sketches and drawbles were not allowed.
Lupin Big Bang followed the following timeline:
- October 31, 2009: Author signups began.
- November 8, 2009: Artist signups began.
- February 7, 2010: First drafts due (final author sign-ups).
- March 10, 2010: Posting began.
Nine stories were written, totaling approximately 260,000 words, and fourteen pieces of art were created.
- Bigger Than He Is by literaryspell, art by deathjunke
- Remus/Harry | NC-17 | 20,600 words
- Afraid of the world and of himself, Harry withdraws into Grimmauld Place with only Remus Lupin and his son for company. Remus uses unorthodox means to draw Harry from his shell, but has Harry retreated too deep to be pulled out again?
- Looking Back by alice_jameson, art by fireowlies
- Remus/Tonks | PG-13 | ~22,000 words
- After dying during the final battle, Remus is asked to look back on his life and determine what really mattered. Specific days and times come to mind, and he relives those moments.
- Lost in Time by snapealina, art by o_k_go
- Remus/Ron | NC-17 | 39,225 words
- It’s a year after Voldemort’s final downfall. Ron finds a Time-Turner and accidentally travels back to 1978 where he meets an 18-year-old Remus Lupin.
- Love is Just a Role We Play by livinglibraries, art by epithalamium
- Remus/Sirius | NC-17 | 22,300 words
- Non-magical AU. Remus devotes all to his job as a doctor, when the infamous Sirius Black starts working at the same hospital he is pulled into Sirius' world. As they struggle to trust each other their lives are pulled apart by forces beyond their control.
- Magic by brighty18, art by gizenshi
- Remus/Sirius, some Remus/Tonks and Remus/OMC | NC-17 | 35,000 words
- Remus does not believe in magic, but life (and Sirius) teach him otherwise.
- Rat by dogsunderfoot, art by epithalamium (throughout text)
- Remus/Sirius, James/Lily | PG-13 | 32,000 words
- Secret Keeper Sirius Black is dead. Remus Lupin wants revenge for his lover’s death. Will he find the one responsible?
- Stalking Sirius by remuslives23, art by comicsbycate
- Remus/Sirius | NC-17 | 36,888 words
- Reluctant paparazzo, Remus Lupin, manipulates his way into secretive rock star, Sirius Black's, life, hoping for a scoop that will kick start his flagging career. Instead, he finds himself torn between his growing feelings for Sirius, and the article of a lifetime.
- The Werewolf, the Auror, and the Potions Master by kittylefish
- Remus/Kingsley Shacklebolt plus Snape | NC-17 | 23,960 words
- Hearing reports of possible Death Eater activities in the New Forest, Dumbledore sends a team to investigate: Lupin, Shacklebolt, and Snape, who is none to happy about having to accompany the pair—especially now that he knows the two are, indeed, a couple.
- The Wolf and the Wind by deathlydragon, art by severely_lupine
- Draco/Remus | R | 27,770 words
- Shortly before Christmas 1998, no lesser person than Draco Malfoy appears on Remus Lupin’s doorstep, having a rather surprising request: a peaceful family celebration involving his aunt and cousin as well. But when Remus agrees he does not expect his relationship with Draco to take a completely new direction.
- lupinbigbang. LiveJournal profile. (Accessed 22 November 2011.)