|Name:||Leland Joseph Adama, a.k.a. Lee, Apollo (callsign)|
|Occupation:||fleet officer, later politician, civilian|
|Relationships:||involved with Kara Thrace (Starbuck), married to and later separated from Anastasia Dualla|
|Fandom:||Battlestar Galactica (2003)|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Lee Adama was given the middle name Joseph for his grandfather, a civil liberties lawyer on the planet Caprica who Lee greatly admired. He is the oldest son of William Adama (with whom he has a barrel full of father-son issues) and Carolanne Adama, and had a younger brother named Zak Adama who died in a flight accident.
His main romantic relationships during the series are with Kara Thrace (Starbuck) and Anastasia Dualla (a.k.a. Dee). He marries Dee, though he separates from her on retiring his military commission. Before the destruction of the Twelve Colonies he was engaged to Gianne, who was pregnant by him, and for a brief time during the series is involved with a prostitute named Shevon. He tries to treat Shevon and her young daughter as some kind of replacement for Gianne and the unborn child lost to the Cylons' attack.
Both Lee Adama and his father may suffer from manpain in canon.
Fandom on Lee Adama
- "The thing about Lee Adama is that his own show doesn't seem to like him much. This is, to put it mildly, a bit strange. On your standard sci-fi program, you put your conventionally-attractive under-40 male lead front and center. You give him Heroic Storylines and Romances-of-the-Week. You, well, make him the hero. (See everything from Kirk, James T. to Sheppard, John.) The "reimagined" Battlestar Galactica, though, opted not to go that route."
In fanworks, the pairing of Lee/Kara is extremely popular.
- Almost Like Living by rayruz, Gods, he’s actually come to her for comfort and she almost laughs. (Kara/Lee, after Zak's death)
- The Absolutely, Positively True (Sort Of) Fictional Adventures...part 1 by widget, Truth is stranger than fiction and sometimes both can benefit from a little editorial intervention. (Kara/Lee crack fic wherein Kara and Lee discover someone if writing RPF fanfic about them)
- Finding Purpose by nytel, When your whole life gets flipped upside down, you need to find a reason to go on. KaraLee, AU after 213.
- Character page at Battlestar Wiki.
- Which he admits to as part of a notable (single-take?) six-minute speech in the closing episode of Season 3. See "Lee Adama taking the witness stand" at Noteworthy Dialogue of Crossroads, Part II at Battlestar Wiki. (Accessed 8 April 2011)
- Not The Hero You're Looking For essay on Lee "Apollo" Adama at Idol Reflections, 2 May 2006. (Accessed 7 April 2011)
- Kara Thrace/Lee Adama ship manifesto essay at Ship Manifesto, 9 March 2008. (Accessed 7 April 2011)