|Date(s):||2000 or before - last updated 04 February 2002 (Wayback captures)|
|Fandom:||Lord of the Rings|
http://www.geocities.com/peacefulpassion/tolkienwarn.html (2000, Wayback link)
https://archiveofourown.org/collections/leastexpected (Archive of Our Own Collection)
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
From the submission information an early definition of chanslash:
- Well, it's finally here, someone (that would be me) has dared to take the chance...and put up a Middle-earth slash site. We've all heard the rumors about Frodo and Sam, we all know what went on in Rivendell, but here is the true account of things (as we see them) not only accepted but welcomed.
- Slash fanfiction is basically taking a perfectly ordinary platonic relationship between two males in popular literature, movies or T.V. shows and making it non-platonic, that is, for the ignorant :-), sexual.
- For those of you who would like to find out more about slash, I recommend these excellent essays that explain slash far better than I ever could: Kass' Why I Write Slash, The Generic Slash Form Defense Letter and Two Men Are Better Than One.
- Our mailing list is for those who write slash fiction, or who wish to read and comment on it. It is, I promise you, a lot of fun! You can sign up for the madness and receive the fanfiction as it comes in, or you can just wait until it is posted here.
Chanslash: If a hobbit is under the age of twenty (and is stated to be in the story) it's chanslash. If a Man is under the age of sixteen (and is stated to be in the story) it's chanslash. If an Elf is under the age of fifty (and is stated to be in the story) it's chanslash.
- FellowShip. Fanfiction Links. (Accessed 06 July 2011)
- tolkien_slash · Tolkien Slash: Subtext Explorations. (Accessed 06 July 2011)
- Least Expected - A Tolkien Slash Archive: Introduction, 2001 via Wayback. (Accessed 06 July 2011)
- How To Submit Your Story To The Archive, 2003 via Wayback. (Accessed 06 July 2011)
- The Least Expected Archive is Coming to the AO3 (Accessed 10 April 2017)