- For the fan writer and graphics maker, see Kasiopeia.
|Alias(es):||Catherine Karina Chmiel or Chmiel-Gugulska|
|Fandoms:||Tolkien & others|
|URL:||website (via WBM); Kasiopea Art; @Council of Elrond|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Kasiopea is a fan artist known for her work in Tolkien fandom, particularly for The Silmarillion. She has been active since around 2002. She works in watercolour, pen & ink and pencil. She focuses on Maeglin, Fëanor and his family, especially Maedhros & Maglor, and in The Lord of the Rings, Boromir & Faramir and their family. Her art is not based on the Peter Jackson films. A little of her work has appeared in zines, including the cover art for The Noble Steward's Chronicles volume 5.
She does not permit any use of her art, stating: All materials are copyrighted. Any usage, including printing and placing graphics in places other than this website, is strictly prohibited!
Chmiel’s gallery is absolutely chock-full of lovely artwork. Here is her Feanorian gallery, which also has one of my favourite depictions of Feanor (in which he looks more than a little deranged, as he should!) She also has a lot on Gondolin and on Gondor (particularly Boromir, with some Faramir and the rest of the family). (theironylady)
- Faramir. Pencil portrait (2002)
- Boromir and Frodo on Amon Hen. Watercolour (2003)
- And Maglor took Pity on Them. The sack of Sirion; watercolour. Credited by MithLuin as possibly inspiring the fanon that Maedhros initially threatened to kill Elrond & Elros (2004)
- Thangorodrim. Fingon rescues Maedhros; watercolour (2004)
- Maglor and Maedhros. Watercolour portrait (2004)
- Fellowship (2004)
- Kasiopea Art (accessed 16 June 2016)
- ladiesoftherings: Wednesday Fanart (plus one) (accessed 19 June 2016)
- MithLuin. Comment on "A Poll to Humor Your Statistically Inclined Hostess ..." (accessed 16 June 2016)