Golden Oldies & New Delights
|Title:||Golden Oldies & New Delights|
|Publisher:||4 Play Press|
|Editor(s):||Kandy Fong, Donna Morgan, P.J. McCain and Carol|
|Fandom:||Star Trek: TOS|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Golden Oldies & New Delights is a 189-page slash Star Trek: TOS anthology.
From the submission request in Datazine #21: "We are looking for good K/S stories from any aspect of their relationship -- from hurt/comfort to the limits of someone's imagination. We are planning on 1/3 classic reprints (K/S when K/S wasn't cool) and 2/3 brand-new stories."
In the zine, the editors thank Deborah Lorshbough. "Boy, are we lucky: we have a friend who will drive across town, lugging her typewriter, just so she can help us type!!!!"
Summaries by Gilda F.
- Heat Wave by Donna Morgan (0)
- When You Leave Home by A.T. Bush (Humor: After making love, Spock relates a tale from his youth to Kirk.) (1)
- The Obligatory Gratuitous Sex Scene by Deborah Lorshbough and P.J. McCain (19)
- Limerick by Barbara P. Gordon (20)
- When Thoughts Wander by Jane Mailander (Spock conjures up a fantasy of the bridge while he and Kirk make love.) (21)
- Advice to the Tense and Weary, A Limerick in Five Verses by Barbara P. Gordon (24)
- For Old Time's Sake by S. Meek (When the liner they are passengers on is destroyed, Kirk and Janet Wallace are marooned together on an uninhabited planet.) (25)
- Love is Patient by Beverly Danielson (41)
- Minor Adjustment by Kandy Fong (Kirk is disturbed to find that Spock is wearing him out soon after they bond.) (43)
- There Were Three by Gladys Hill (Non-K/S story) (47)
- Second Son by Wendy Rathbone (58)
- A Flush of Reality by Robin Hood (Kirk and Spock meet replicas of themselves after beaming down to an unexplored planet.) (59)
- Revelation by Alayne Gelfand (70)
- There is a Legend by P.J. McCain (Kirk and Spockʼs love lives on through their descendents.) (71)
- This Journey by Wendy Rathbone (74)
- Possession by P.J. McCain (75)
- A Rose by Any Other Name by Daphne Garcia (77)
- Crossing Lines by Alayne Gelfand (78)
- First Time by Gladys Hill (About to be bonded, both Kirk and Spock misinterpret the signals each is giving regarding their desires.) (79)
- untitled poem by P.J. McCain (86)
- Hunter's Way by Vivian Gates (A/U: On a trip to determine his future, the young tribesman James meet up with Spock, a traveler from the North looking for a mate.) (87)
- Love is... by Kirk/Christine Thomson (Their lives unfold, end and begin again as Kirk and Spockʼs love leads them through eternity.) (102) (reprinted from Naked Times #3)
- Love is... "Kirk" (105)
- A Thin Flame by Cynthia C. Drake (The Kirk of the M/U exchanges Spocks in order to force a bond on this Spock, that will carry over to his own...and this Spockʼs to this Kirk. Sequel: Bonded) (also in Cheap Thrills #2) (125)
- The Hustler by Marie A (Cadet Spock decides to investigate a well-known pleasure house where he buys the services of a young man who turns out to also be a starfleet cadet. Sequel: A Priori.) (also in Out of Bounds) (169)
- excerpts from Joys of Alien Sex by Kandy Fong (18, 40, 46, 57, 69, 81, 85, 101)
Reactions and Reviews
See reactions and reviews for A Thin Flame.
See reactions and reviews for When You Leave Home.
See reactions and reviews for The Hustler.
See reactions and reviews for For Old Time's Sake.
See reactions and reviews for There Were Three.
See reactions and reviews for A Flush of Reality.
See reactions and reviews for First Time.
See reactions and reviews for Hunter's Way.