|Creator:||Rooster Teeth/Gray Haddock|
|Country of Origin:|
|External Links:||Rooster Teeth, IMDB, Wikipedia|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
gen:LOCK is a CGI animated series from Rooster Teeth. The series has mecha anime and sci-fi dystopia elements.
Fifty years in the future, an oppressive authoritarian force threatens to conquer the world, opposed by an international coalition known as The Polity. A daring team is recruited to pilot a new form of weaponized neuroscience that powers devastating mecha, but they must be willing to sacrifice everything to save the world.
The show follows the gen:LOCK program and its members, who participate in the development and testing of an experimental technology which allows for individuals with unique mental make ups to have their minds uploaded to giant suits of mecha armor.
Cast & Characters
- Michael B. Jordan as Julian Chase, a Vanguard pilot and "All-American guy" from Brooklyn who helps form the show's team.
- Dakota Fanning as Miranda Worth, a mecha pilot and a love interest for Chase
- Maisie Williams as Cammie MacCloud, a Scottish hacker and the youngest recruit of the Gen:Lock program at the age of 17 years old
- Koichi Yamadera as Kazu Iida, a transfer from the Japanese military, where he was demoted from the rank of Sergeant to kitchen duty on grounds of insubordination
- Golshifteh Farahani as Yasamin Madrani, a former Iranian fighter pilot acquitted from the Mesa Detention Center to join the Gen:Lock program
- Asia Kate Dillon as Val/entina Romanyszyn (roh-mah-nee-shin), a former Ukrainian covert agent. Val/entina is genderfluid, going by the name "Val" when male-presenting and "Valentina" when female-presenting.
- David Tennant as Dr. Rufus Weller, a scientist from the Polity's Experimental Science Unit. Creator of the gen:LOCK program.
Minor roles are voiced by popular Rooster Teeth members or voice actors such as Blaine Gibson, Miles Luna, Lindsay Jones, and SungWon Cho.
There is somewhat of a combined fandom with RWBY, Rooster Teeth's first CGI-animated series, as well as with other Rooster Teeth content.
Discussion & Controversy
- Production: Issues with Gray Haddock, treatment of workers, comments by employees, Haddock leaving RT, etc.