Fear the Walking Dead
|Name:||Fear the Walking Dead|
|Creator:||Robert Kirkman, Dave Erickson|
|Date(s):||August 23, 2015 – present|
|Country of Origin:||United States|
|External Links:||official site|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Fear the Walking Dead is a companion series to The Walking Dead, following two families who must band together to survive the undead apocalypse.
- Madison Clark/Travis Manawa - Canonical
- Alicia Clark/Ofelia Salazar (Alicia x Ofelia)
- Alicia Clark/Elyza Lex (Elyza x Alicia)
- Alicia Clark/Chris Manawa (Alicia x Chris)
- Thomas Abigail/Victor Strand - Canonical
- Nick Clark/Luciana (Nick x Luciana) - Canonical
- Alicia Clark/Jake Otto (Alicia x Jake) - Canonical
- Nick Clark/Troy Otto (Troy x Nick)
- Madison Clark/Troy Otto (Madison x Troy)
- Main article: Elyza Lex
Elyza Lex is a fanon character, based off of Clarke Griffin, created by Clexa (Clarke/Lexa) shippers after one character in their ship, Commander Lexa, was killed in the third season of The 100. The actress who played Lexa, Alycia Debnam-Carey, also plays Alicia Clark in Fear the Walking Dead. Elyza Lex is shipped with Alicia Clark.
Accusations of Racism
- In Season 1 the show was criticized for its treatment of black characters, following TV's One Black Man (or Obligatory Black Guy) rule, where one black character is killed off to make room for the next.
- Some fans disliked the portrayal of Mexicans in Season 2, and how they were characterized as overly religious and superstitious.
- Although the series began with the blended Manawa-Clark family, many fans have pointed out that all the family members of color, the Manawa family, died while the white Clark family remained.
Politics and Colonialism
- The story line in the first half of Season 3 was thought by some to have political undertones. Some fans felt the series idealized preppers and libertarians while villainizing Native Americans. While others accused the series of trying to tap into Trump anti-migration sentiment.
Archives and Fannish Links
- The ‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Showrunner Addresses The Race Controversy
- Anyone else bothered by the subtle racism of this show?
- Is 'Fear the Walking Dead' Attempting to Tap into Trump's Anti-Immigration Sentiment or Am I Crazy?
- They killing off all the PoC
- You know what? WOW.
- Fear The Walking Dead bites off more than it can chew as things heat up