|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
When asked "What's failwolf friday?" HalfFizzbin replied:
IT’S GETTING OUT OF HAND, IS WHAT.
1. I established a “failwolf” tag on my blog for posts making fun of Derek’s various foibles, both from canon and from speculation—his creepiness, his lack of social graces, his inability to impress his betas, his apparent fear of stairs, and the general tragedy of his existence. BECAUSE IF WE DON’T LAUGH, WE CRY.
2. I later found that other people were also using the term “failwolf” to describe Derek’s particular brand of hilarious/tragic misfortune, and started tracking the tag to help spread failwolfery far and wide.
3. My new friend and apparent soulmate hatteress implemented Failwolf Fridays, so that one day a week may be set aside to tease Derek mercilessly while clutching him protectively to our chests, POOR BABY.
A fic, gifset, artwork, etc. may bear the “failwolf” name so long as it makes fun of Derek for not being as cool as he wants to be or not being a good alpha or not having any friends—BUT it must also come from a place of very deep and sincere Derek Hale love.
- Friends Don't Let Friends Drunk Dial by Hatteress: Wherein Derek drunk dials Stiles, Stiles didn't know ANYONE was that interested in his moles and Laura can't stop laughing. (1,849 words, rated teen)
- lettin' your worries pass you by, by HalfFizzbin: In which Derek fails at loving himself, and Stiles accidentally becomes his guru. (2,086 words, rated explicit)
- Slightly Damaged, Still Good by Trelkez: "You gave me your sat-on half-dead flowers," Stiles said, waving them at Derek's back. "Are you going to ask me out, or what?" (1,564 words, rated teen)
Other Fan Works
- Derek's Kick-Ass Playlist For Bad Times and Also Hunters and A Playlist for Sexytimes with Stiles by howlnatural, based on the fic by simplyhuman and howlnatural.