Ethics of Attraction
|Title:||Ethics of Attraction|
|Date(s):||29 December 2009 - 19 January 2010|
|External Links:||Ethics of Attraction pt. 1 (merlinxarthur at Livejournal)|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
Summary/prompt: Arthur is a young, promising lawyer. He needs to win his next case to get a job at the best law office in town. Of course, being Arthur, he thinks he's the best man out there :P Merlin is waiting in prison for his trial. Arthur is assigned to Merlin's case as a public defender.
Recs and Reviews
"This is a rollicking AU with a heaping of schmoop for added enjoyment. The world that nagi_schwarz creates is very interesting, and I loved that Merlin and Arthur don't fall into the more typical roles that they inhabit in other modern!AUs (corporate dude/man-secretary, Prince of Wales/servant, college students, etc.) If you like legal dramas, I'm sure you will like this fic."
"If you like courtroom drama, this is the story for you! The author clearly has a pretty firm grasp of the practice of law and that knowledge really shines through, granting the story quite a lot of depth. The emotions in this story also come through it's one heck of a ride!"
Modern Magical AU. Merlin is accused of vandalism, Uther wants him put away and Arthur is his court appointed laywer. Arthur has to win the case to become an associate at Drake and Associates, LLC.
- Anonymous. Ethics of Attraction, 29 December 2009 - 19 January 2010. (Accessed 17 July 2010)
- Fic: Ethics of Attraction pt. 1, 22 January 2010. (Accessed 17 July 2010)
- lolitakun in epic_recs. Ethics of Attraction, by Naoe Nagi (PG-13), 20 September 2010. (Accessed 19 March 2011)
- eosros in team_destiny. Picks of the Week from eosrose, 13 February 2010. (Accessed 19 May 2011)
- noodleeeeee. My Merthur FicRec List. (Accessed 09 July 2012)